Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2013, 12:50 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,751,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
coming from the city that had 500+ homicides in 2012. More people have died in the past 10 years in CHICAGO than in Iraq.
Not the case for Indy.
so keep drinking the Chi-Town Cool-aid eventually it will get toxic.
Yep, that's the very hypocrisy I was talking about and you just cannot resist putting on display, right on cue. I could probably keep playing you all day, but you certainly don't need my prompting. So keep doing what you do, completely oblivious to the damage you're doing to the very agenda you think you're serving. It's funny to watch it sail right over your head.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:50 PM

4,671 posts, read 7,347,136 times
Quote:
coming from the city that had 500+ homicides in 2012. More people have died in the past 10 years in CHICAGO than in Iraq.
Not the case for Indy.
so keep drinking the Chi-Town Cool-aid eventually it will get toxic.
You have to realize how stupid this post is...right? In Iraq, a country of 30+ million people, there is absolutely no way that more people have died in a city of 2.7 million people. There have been over 100,000 civilian casualties alone in the Iraqi war!

The War in Iraq: 10 years and counting :: Iraq Body Count

Maybe you should say what you actually mean instead of some sound byte you heard on whatever form of the lop-sided media you like...

Old 05-18-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Speaking of homicides did you know that its may 18th, 2013?
last time I checked the year doesn't end today it ends on December 31st, 2013
So come back to me on that day then tell me that.
Homicides aren't a smooth river they go up and down. hence why you have to count them at the END of the year. not cherry pick months.
Yep, homicides go up and down in Indianapolis but apparently only in Indianapolis and not in Chicago. You are the very definition of hypocritical. Summing the total homicides to-date in both cities is the exact OPPOSITE of cherry-picking months

Old 05-18-2013, 01:59 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,119,245 times
Illinois is a such a trashy state all 500 Fortune companies stay. As does the CBOT/MM. I haven't seen the millionaires rush to exit. It is a complete waste of time for adults to try to educate children.

Old 05-18-2013, 02:14 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,483,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
You have to realize how stupid this post is...right? In Iraq, a country of 30+ million people, there is absolutely no way that more people have died in a city of 2.7 million people. There have been over 100,000 civilian casualties alone in the Iraqi war!

The War in Iraq: 10 years and counting :: Iraq Body Count

Maybe you should say what you actually mean instead of some sound byte you heard on whatever form of the lop-sided media you like...
Kanye West

ya about that...............
You can pull in the civilian argument all you want to try and defend Chicago. fact is more US citizens have died in Chicago than US soldiers in Iraq.

Old 05-18-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Kanye West

ya about that...............
You can pull in the civilian argument all you want to try and defend Chicago. fact is more US citizens have died in Chicago than US soldiers in Iraq.
lollerskates...and then he quotes Kanye West as his piece of evidence, talks about the total number of US dead in a FOREIGN country, and pretends as if Indianapolis doesn't have a homicide problem. Priceless. My suspicion is they let you back onto this board for the humor aspect...

Old 05-18-2013, 07:01 PM

You are wasting your time talking to the wall. Indy is 1/3 the pop of Chicago. Their homicide rate is 1 per every 30 hours.

OTOH, we are Illinois. We are patient with children, but it is probably time to toss out the coffee cups and go back to Chicago.

Quote:
Yep, homicides go up and down in Indianapolis but apparently only in Indianapolis and not in Chicago. You are the very definition of hypocritical. Summing the total homicides to-date in both cities is the exact OPPOSITE of cherry-picking months

Old 05-20-2013, 09:33 PM

219 posts, read 374,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
Illinois is a such a trashy state all 500 Fortune companies stay. As does the CBOT/MM. I haven't seen the millionaires rush to exit. It is a complete waste of time for adults to try to educate children.

The major employers in Southern Illinois have left, leaving several people unemployed. The coal mines came back, but that will not last forever,as before, when they shut down. Previously, our coal mines were closed, and the Il Govt planted several prisons down here....now, the prisons and some state mental hospitals are closing, leaving more unemployed or demoted and moved. At least one new prison is being built in the Chicago area to house some of the inmates from the closures down state.

I am not trashing Chicago, it is just in a better position that most other parts of Illinois. Not complaining either, because most of us, if willing, can leave.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:56 PM

It is no secret that the IL legislature does not treat all parts of Illinois equally. Chicago, as the dominate city in the state, and in the Midwest, garners the most attention. Many businesses across the country are downsizing or changing their business model - which hurts people, and communities indirectly. Cook County is home to 2/3 of the state population. It has a huge tax burden that is passed on to home owners as business owners.

Aside from Chicago there are areas that are stable. Peoria, B-N, and C-U are three. I am not sure about Marion, Springfield, or the other areas as there are few Illinois residents, not in Chicago, that post of this forum.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:16 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,751,145 times
Quote:
My suspicion is they let you back onto this board for the humor aspect...
Well that didn't last long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois