Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 02:01 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,113,735 times

Advertisements

IL is the only state I know that put three in the White House and four in the Big House. As far as the budget deficit I don't know that a Republican would do much better. What I would hope is one of them would be more transparent before cherry picking. Apparently Quinn thinks that anyone who eats deli foods, has a smartphone, cable, satellite, Internet, landline or drinks a beer once in while has unlimited income. I'm surprised he hasn't taxed the air we breathe, the radio we listen too, and the snow we shovel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardown54 View Post
He's a step ahead of the past two IL governors if he stays out of jail. That reflects nicely on IL politics.

Quinn only won four of the 102 Illinois counties in 2010, but he won the gubernatorial election thanks to good old CROOK county. The Democrats also gerrymandered the crap out of the new congressional district map. Good to see the political machine is still running and well-oiled
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 05:14 PM

562 posts, read 983,332 times
There isn't a ton of incentive to do much in Illinois that's for sure...

Old 12-08-2012, 03:55 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,207,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
The local NBC News reported it tonight.

I originally thought any warm body would be an improvement over RodBlog. I was wrong. The Machine has proven over and over in the last 50 years it has low standards and no expectations of its hand picked state-offices.

It needs to share the love.
If Quinn is hated, he must be in a tie for "people who hate Illinois politicians" Rahm Emanuel?

I'd bet a dollar that if either left, no voters in Illinois would be crying one bit. Call me skeptical, cynical.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:00 AM

28,455 posts, read 84,957,533 times
The chaotic nature of the efforts that the Democrats in the Illinois House employ in drawing these legislative boundaries is echoed by the madness that the Chicago City Council encounterd as alderman scrambled to preserve their peculiar racial / ethnic powerbases...

Frankly the sorts of loyalties that Republican candidates tend to have largely do fit better with traditional political divisions -- it would make a lot more sense NOT to split up school districts and other such governmental units across multiple legisiative districts.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:29 AM

If it is sooo awful why is ORD one of the four busiest airports in the world, why did Google chose Chicago, why is Peoria one of the top 25 mid-size STEM cities, and why didn't you transfer out last fall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoness View Post
There isn't a ton of incentive to do much in Illinois that's for sure...

Old 12-12-2012, 12:12 PM

28,455 posts, read 84,957,533 times
Do you really not understand how airlines MUST use the infrastructure at O'Hare that they've paid for? That would happen regardless of the poltical dysfunction of Illinois.

Google has facitilies in places like Council Bluffs IA, Pryor Creek OK, Thornton CO, Lenoir NC and Wilhelmenia GA so I would hardly Chicago unique... Locations - Google Jobs

Also on the list of STEM cities -- at #7 Jacksonville FL #8 Columbus OH, #10 Nashville-Davidson-Mufreesboro-Franklin TN -- wow. Information for the World's Business Leaders - Forbes.com

Old 12-12-2012, 09:33 PM

wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
Do you really not understand how airlines MUST use the infrastructure at O'Hare that they've paid for? That would happen regardless of the poltical dysfunction of Illinois.

Google has facitilies in places like Council Bluffs IA, Pryor Creek OK, Thornton CO, Lenoir NC and Wilhelmenia GA so I would hardly Chicago unique... Locations - Google Jobs

Also on the list of STEM cities -- at #7 Jacksonville FL #8 Columbus OH, #10 Nashville-Davidson-Mufreesboro-Franklin TN -- wow. Information for the World's Business Leaders - Forbes.com

Old 12-15-2012, 08:33 AM

955 posts, read 1,820,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
wow.
Don't you dare say anything nice about Illinois while Chet is on-line !!!!

Old 12-15-2012, 02:46 PM

What can I say, Willie? It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by williepotatoes View Post
Don't you dare say anything nice about Illinois while Chet is on-line !!!!

Old 12-15-2012, 06:13 PM

216 posts, read 642,584 times
Default Huh?

You ever hear about Scott, Walker, LePage, Synder, Kasiach?

What's the point? Quinn isn't a TeaBagger?

Thank the Lord. We sure don't need one of those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
View detailed profiles of: