Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 11:14 AM

3,892 posts, read 5,478,099 times

Advertisements

Supply Chain Group to Locate in Tippecanoe County - Newsroom - Inside INdiana Business with Gerry Dick
Illinois loses another business and its operations to Indiana.
what are we at now 35 or something? These are all major companies. hell knows how many *Small Businesses* the size of my fathers company have moved or closed down in Illinois.
I estimate this will relocate atleast 25 jobs.
Assuming each one of them makes 50k a year and pays the 5% Illinois income tax.
hmmm thats 62500$ lost in tax revenue.
Has anybody heard of the laffer economic curve? you can only tax your citizens to a certain point then they have had enough and will move and you lose that tax revenue.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:22 AM

4,671 posts, read 7,340,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Supply Chain Group to Locate in Tippecanoe County - Newsroom - Inside INdiana Business with Gerry Dick
Illinois loses another business and its operations to Indiana.
what are we at now 35 or something? These are all major companies. hell knows how many *Small Businesses* the size of my fathers company have moved or closed down in Illinois.
Assuming each one of them makes 50k a year and pays the 5% Illinois income tax.
hmmm thats 62500$ lost in tax revenue.
Has anybody heard of the laffer economic curve? you can only tax your citizens to a certain point then they have had enough and will move and you lose that tax revenue.
You really need something better to do with your life...

Old 01-29-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
You really need something better to do with your life...
what does that have to do with the topic at hand?
plus does the truth hurt or something?

Old 01-29-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
what does that have to do with the topic at hand?
plus does the truth hurt or something?
Because of your clearly slanted agenda, you never give a balanced (or sometimes even truthful!) post. It is clear that you go out of your way to dig up stories every time 4 people leave Illinois for a different state. You clearly have an odd obsession with Illinois that is, arguably, unhealthy. You also root for economic misery, which is shameful and (honestly) unpatriotic.

But in any event, to counterbalance and trump your earth-shattering story of 25 relocated jobs to Indiana, here's a story about expansion of $129 million and 100 jobs in southern Illinois:

Continental Tire plans expansion in Illinois - Springfield, IL - The State Journal-Register

Old 01-29-2013, 12:31 PM

14,802 posts, read 17,553,974 times
Did BRG even read the article? The company (based in Grand Rapids, MI) is moving this particular division closer to its client in Indiana.

Last edited by Vlajos; 01-29-2013 at 01:09 PM..

Old 01-29-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
These are all major companies. hell knows how many *Small Businesses* the size of my fathers company have moved or closed down in Illinois.
You are truly stupid.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:45 PM

7,100 posts, read 8,868,469 times
I live in Chicago and think its a great city. I do plan to leave for family issues not because of disappointment with the city. The corruption is an issue. Cost of living isn't bad but increasing. The separation of the races is beyond annoying but at least I know who is who and make the adjustment according. Chicago offers something for everyone. The good out ways the bad.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
Because of your clearly slanted agenda, you never give a balanced (or sometimes even truthful!) post. It is clear that you go out of your way to dig up stories every time 4 people leave Illinois for a different state. You clearly have an odd obsession with Illinois that is, arguably, unhealthy. You also root for economic misery, which is shameful and (honestly) unpatriotic.

But in any event, to counterbalance and trump your earth-shattering story of 25 relocated jobs to Indiana, here's a story about expansion of $129 million and 100 jobs in southern Illinois:

Continental Tire plans expansion in Illinois - Springfield, IL - The State Journal-Register
Agenda?
really?
this isnt Washington D.C
I dont have an agenda and idk why in the world you would accuse me of an agenda when im calling out a tragedy in the Illinois state government...............

Old 01-29-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Agenda?
really?
this isnt Washington D.C

I dont have an agenda and idk why in the world you would accuse me of an agenda when im calling out a tragedy in the Illinois state government...............
Quote:
Wish it was still that way.
Like back in the 1980s with Ronald Reagen and The Reagen Democrats.
People wonder why Washington is so dysfunctional. the reason is the voters are to stupid to remove incumbents. voters should be held just as responsible as the politicians cause no dip we ELECT these idiots into office.
as Washington said there shouldnt be political parties. it undermines the United part of the United States
Damn i wish our founding fathers were here right now to see this.
Quote:
I try to avoid things made in California and i try to avoid buying from New York food companies and Illinois ones too.
Other than that i dont pay attention.

Quote:
Indianapolis is a conservative city.
San Diego also comes to mind.
problem is though San Diego is in a very liberal state.
Indiana though is almost a solid red state.
So its safe to say Indianapolis is the largest conservative city in a red state.
Greg Ballard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Indy has a Republican Mayor too and prior to 2011 the Republican Party controlled the city-County Council. now its about even and either party can control the city-county council. it flips back and forth.
Indy's taxes are also low and the cost of living is one of the lowest in the nation for any large city.
Quote:
There's Indiana if you want a conservative red state. Aside from Texas indiana is the largest red state in the country not in the south.

Quote:
in order of favorite states:
Indiana
Tie: Michigan or Missouri
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Iowa
North and South Dakota (Tie)
Nebraska
Kansas
Illinois
Ohio
Yep, you're as balanced as a teeter-totter

Old 01-29-2013, 03:40 PM

Top 10 moving destinations in the U.S.

Top 10 moving destinations in the U.S. - CBS News

Chicago is number 5.

Indianapolis is not on the list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois