Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 10:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
Looking at getting FOID and in the future Concealed Carry license in IL.

I know the FOID application asks you for your Driver's License (DL)# or State ID#, but after googling images of FOID cards, it doesn't have your Driver's License# or State ID# on the FOID itself.

Let's say I obtain a FOID using my Driver's License# but after receiving my FOID, my Driver's License expires and for various reasons, I cannot renew my Driver's License. Will a State ID suffice if let's say you are asked by an officer to show your FOID card to them? I'm sure they'd also ask you to show proof of State ID/DL at the same time, correct? Also when purchasing firearms or ammunition, I'm sure they'd ask for both, correct?

Thanks
Question:

Does your drivers license home address have to match your Foid card to apply for concealed carry?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2018, 06:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,571 times
If your drivers license is suspended can you still apply for an Foid card? Or do you need to get a state id and apply using that?

Old 03-04-2018, 09:20 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,515,980 times
No. A Suspended DL won't do. You need a I'D card. Here is the link that shows eligibility requirements.

https://www.ispfsb.com/public/foid.aspx

Old 03-07-2018, 08:54 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,094,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionsub View Post
Except when you're trying to use it as one form of ID to get a Driver's License. For some reason the License Bureau doesn't accept FOID cards...
Liquor stores and bars won't accept them either.

Old 03-07-2018, 05:19 PM

2,659 posts, read 3,854,752 times
Best thing I remember about having the FOID card was hanging it on a tree and blowing it to smithereens with a .45ACP after we escaped IL. It felt really good!

Never appreciated having to get permission from the crooked state of IL to participate in Constitutional freedoms while we lived there.

I wonder what other states impinge on firearms freedoms like IL.

Old 03-10-2018, 03:54 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,247,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
Best thing I remember about having the FOID card was hanging it on a tree and blowing it to smithereens with a .45ACP after we escaped IL. It felt really good!

Never appreciated having to get permission from the crooked state of IL to participate in Constitutional freedoms while we lived there.

I wonder what other states impinge on firearms freedoms like IL.
What a self-serving load of crap.

Old 03-13-2018, 02:56 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,001,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
Interesting.

Update.
Thank you for the answers people. I've found information online also, and have come to some conclusions:

I was basically trying to get a FOID card and IL concealed carry before switching all my residency to TN(I know tricking the system, sorry), that way I won't have a problem buying, going to the range and carrying in IL, because I travel there frequently to see friends and family and I still consider Chicago "Home".

I have since learned that as long as I have my TN carry license, I can "travel" by vehicle through IL with the gun in my vehicle, locked, etc.

But in order to carry in IL as a TN resident, I have to get an IL "Non-Resident" carry permit.

FOID will not be needed to carry and "own" my firearm while I'm in IL.
Problem is, I can't go the shooting range in the western/NW suburbs with friends unless I have a FOID (they don't have FOIDs either). I'd have to go to NW Indiana, which is no big deal. NW Indiana isn't that much farther of a drive from the city than the NW burbs.
Legally, if you change your state of residency, the state of Illinois demands you forfeit your CCL. If they find out your license does not match up withe your driver's license address you'll get in trouble.

Old 03-14-2018, 12:03 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,704,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Legally, if you change your state of residency, the state of Illinois demands you forfeit your CCL. If they find out your license does not match up withe your driver's license address you'll get in trouble.
Correct. A few people on Illinois Carry forums have gotten nastygram letters from the ISP asking for the FOID otherwise they'll put out a warrant for their arrest. Dumb...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois