Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 08:16 PM

19,915 posts, read 8,807,549 times

Advertisements

Trump has no love for Illinois, you're on your own and it's going to hurt real bad. They can't even borrow money their credit is no good. I'd move now. What a mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 10:36 AM

1,874 posts, read 809,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liledgy View Post
No, he didn't cause it. He just, in his own words "cause Illinois a little pain" and by playing dictator added another 30 billion of debt. Now he wants to negotiate. And yes he wants a tax increase. This GREAT business nman couldn't see that 2 years ago, what vision!
not giving in to Democrat demands and pressing for real reform = "playing dictator". noted. I guess by that logic Trump is a dictator too. The problem is its idiot logic.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:40 PM

997 posts, read 839,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
not giving in to Democrat demands and pressing for real reform = "playing dictator". noted. I guess by that logic Trump is a dictator too. The problem is its idiot logic.
What I exactly are the democrats demanding? Ruiner added 30 billion of debt for some changes to workmans comp? REALLY, you add 30 billion for of debt so you can screw some construction worker out of paying his medical bills and put him in the poor house WTF?

Old 06-22-2017, 09:11 PM

1,067 posts, read 897,977 times
Quote:
What I exactly are the democrats demanding? Ruiner added 30 billion of debt for some changes to workmans comp? REALLY, you add 30 billion for of debt so you can screw some construction worker out of paying his medical bills and put him in the poor house WTF?
You have no credibility. It's not $30 billion of debt...it's $15 billion of unpaid bills due to lack of budget authorization. Big difference. Everyone knows what Rauner is trying to do and I thank him 100% for trying to input real structural reform. Your democrats had 30 years to ruin the state. And they did a great job at it. Now let a Rauner save it...or at least lead us through bankruptcy back to health. Bankruptcies are a great resource. We don't need more tax increases because democrats didn't know how to properly spend what they had the last 30 years...

Old 06-22-2017, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcbnd03 View Post
You have no credibility. It's not $30 billion of debt...it's $15 billion of unpaid bills due to lack of budget authorization. Big difference. Everyone knows what Rauner is trying to do and I thank him 100% for trying to input real structural reform. Your democrats had 30 years to ruin the state. And they did a great job at it. Now let a Rauner save it...or at least lead us through bankruptcy back to health. Bankruptcies are a great resource. We don't need more tax increases because democrats didn't know how to properly spend what they had the last 30 years...
What are you smoking? Even the people on your side will acknowledge that there is a 30 billion increase in debt since Ruiner took over (and your statistic of 15 billion of unpaid bills is PART of it). 30 years? Ruiner added 25% of the total debt in just 2 years and your thanking him? The guy is a complete failure and is grasping at straws now. so you guys dig in deeper? The guy is desperate, do you really think that if the road construction crews get shut down for a week or two around the Fourth of July they will care? They will absolutely love it! But it will be political suicide for Ruiner! And most people know it. I have to refill my popcorn bowl now, lol.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:50 PM

1,067 posts, read 897,977 times
Quote:
What are you smoking? Even the people on your side will acknowledge that there is a 30 billion increase in debt since Ruiner took over (and your statistic of 15 billion of unpaid bills is PART of it). 30 years? Ruiner added 25% of the total debt in just 2 years and your thanking him? The guy is a complete failure and is grasping at straws now. so you guys dig in deeper? The guy is desperate, do you really think that if the road construction crews get shut down for a week or two around the Fourth of July they will care? They will absolutely love it! But it will be political suicide for Ruiner! And most people know it. I have to refill my popcorn bowl now, lol.
Tribune reported a few days ago it was $15 billion of unpaid bills. Crains also reported that Illinois has had a budget deficit for the last 15 YEARS. Also Democrats had a SUPERMAJORITY GOVERNOR PROOF VETO until Nov. 2016 which says a budget could have been passed years ago by them. Finally, Rauner has proposed the positive change we needed with a truly balanced budget, term limits and property tax freeze but he can't pass AND sign a budget. So once again this falls 100% on Democrats just like the last 30 years and once again your credibility is shot.

Old 06-23-2017, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcbnd03 View Post
Tribune reported a few days ago it was $15 billion of unpaid bills. Crains also reported that Illinois has had a budget deficit for the last 15 YEARS. Also Democrats had a SUPERMAJORITY GOVERNOR PROOF VETO until Nov. 2016 which says a budget could have been passed years ago by them. Finally, Rauner has proposed the positive change we needed with a truly balanced budget, term limits and property tax freeze but he can't pass AND sign a budget. So once again this falls 100% on Democrats just like the last 30 years and once again your credibility is shot.
Positive change? Are you actually the Kansas governor her posting under a different screen name? Bye bye Bruce!

Old 06-23-2017, 03:59 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,530,996 times
Wow, I can't believe that someone would be cheering for the people that left this state in economic ruins. Before Rauner set foot in office Illinois was already the bottom of the barrel.

Old 06-23-2017, 07:42 PM

3,593 posts, read 1,772,284 times
Politicians need to recognize you can only raise taxes so much before you start losing revenue(the laffer curve). CT recently went through the 2 largest income tax increases in state history and they ended up LOSING revenues because capital left, productivity was discouraged, etc. You can say well we can raise revenues elsewhere(Tolls, sales taxes, etc) it has the same effect, it increases the cost of living. People still notice, you cant fool them into giving more to government and not knowing.

Point being spending HAS to be drastically cut here; there's no guanrantee that revenues will increase with tax increases.

Old 06-25-2017, 12:39 PM

12,999 posts, read 18,802,215 times
Many blame the Democrats, with emphasis on Boss Madigan. But Rauner is not entirely blameless. You know it's getting bad when the WSJ calls him Governor Junk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
View detailed profiles of: