Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 01:36 PM

4,003 posts, read 6,100,078 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgVP3H122nw

I see a lot of my fellow Illinois residents who are pretty lackadaisical about the recent tax hikes as well as lack of reforms.

Not even people who are democrats or liberals, just people who kind of seem to care less saying things like "oh well it's only $25 per check" or "well were kind of in line with other states".

If people watched the above video about Illinois politics and not only how corrupt the politicians are, but how corrupt the entire setup and rules and regulations are, Madigan and the rest of Illinois politicians couldn't safely walk the streets without every last citizen kicking them in the ass, but nobody cares so we'll just watch this once great state go down the tubes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 02:18 PM

2,568 posts, read 2,520,072 times
State tax, real estate tax.............corruption tax!

Old 07-08-2017, 12:22 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Fascinating documentary doodlemagic. The bad news is that all of our properties are in Crook county. The good news is that they still have all made us more money then the expenses. My father in law was well entrenched in machine patronage jobs. He held two at the same time. He bragged about taking bribes and sleeping while he was supposed to be at another job. This has been going on for decades. The parallels between Illinois machine politics and the white house are disturbing. Yes our state is in crisis, but imagine that translating into our whole country.

It was fun seeing Steve Rauschenberger again. We fished on the Fox together when he lived in his cottage on the river. I remember his Basset named Everett. We danced at his wedding. Sometimes I long for those care free days when life was simpler and politics was left to the old people to figure out. Now I'm one of those old people and it's impossible to figure out. How do you fight long standing despicable corruption. You can't beat them. Yet I don't believe my father in law had the right idea either. Maybe we should vote with our feet and exit the state as well?

Old 07-08-2017, 01:03 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,429,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBNCHI View Post
State tax, real estate tax.............corruption tax!
Also a voter stupidity tax.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:58 PM

3,497 posts, read 2,188,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemagic View Post

I see a lot of my fellow Illinois residents who are pretty lackadaisical about the recent tax hikes as well as lack of reforms.

Not even people who are democrats or liberals, just people who kind of seem to care less saying things like "oh well it's only $25 per check" or "well were kind of in line with other states".

If people watched the above video about Illinois politics and not only how corrupt the politicians are, but how corrupt the entire setup and rules and regulations are, Madigan and the rest of Illinois politicians couldn't safely walk the streets without every last citizen kicking them in the ass, but nobody cares so we'll just watch this once great state go down the tubes.
It's not that nobody cares but what do you want us to do?

Old 07-08-2017, 09:12 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,712,713 times
The people who are saying they aren't a big deal are the same bozos who vote for turds like Madigan.

Old 07-08-2017, 09:51 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemagic View Post

Wow. Just wow. Thank you for posting this, every single Illinois taxpayer needs to watch this.

Madigan is running the state right into the ground.

Old 07-08-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
The people who are saying they aren't a big deal are the same bozos who vote for turds like Madigan.
The problem is the only people who get to vote for or against Madigan are those in his district, who, not surprisingly, are very well taken care of. So that small district on the southwest side gets to dictate policy for the entire state. He has consolidated his power to such a degree that it is virtually impossible for democrats not to bend to his will without committing political suicide, despite his own 25% approval rating in the state.

This is not democracy. It's essentially a dictatorship.

Old 07-08-2017, 10:03 PM

One of the most outrageous things in the documentary is the state employee who retired in his fifties and is getting a pension of $360,000 a year. Unbelievable. Now you know where your property taxes are going.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:16 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
I watched the whole thing. I'm afraid there is no hope for Illinois until Madigan retires or dies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois