Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2017, 02:17 AM

2 posts, read 5,216 times

Advertisements

On September 26, 2017 I received a letter from IDES saying,

Based on the issue in this letter you are eligible for benefits or wait week credit as long as you meet the eligibility.

Issue 001 602A - Misconduct
Allow effective 09/03/2017-12/31/9999
Was the claimant discharged for misconduct connected with work? The Evidence shows the claimant was discharged from ???? because she was absent from work. The claimant worked 8/19/17 instead of 8/18/17 due to a change to her internet schedule. The claimant had no prior warnings for attendance but was discharged on 8/31/17 for failing to call off or report to work on 8/18/17.Since the claimants action which resulted in her discharge was not deliberate or willful the claimant is not ineligible from benefits from 9/03/2017 in regards to this issue.

So the problem is i started receiving my benefits than on yesterday I got 2 letters in the mail. One stating a notice of reconsideration and appeal saying that the determination dated 9/26/2017 has been reviewed for possible reconsideration and that on 10/4/2017 an appeal has been filed to the Referee by the reconsideration unit of the Agency. The next letter which is the notice of telephone hearing says the issues to be considered at the hearing are

Whether an appeal from the claims adjudicator’s findings or determination was filed within the 30 days time limit

Whether the employer filed a timely and sufficient notice of possible ineligibility

Why was th climate separated from employment with the above employer? If discharged was it for misconduct in connection with the work?

Do i need to get a lawyer I don’t understated all of this. I did not deliberately quit my job when i looked at the schedule it said i was supposed to work one day and they are saying I was supposed to work the previous day yet and still they let me work the day that i came in because they were 40 people shorter and told me don’t worry about they would figure out what happened from the day before. I said of and continued to work for another almost 2 weeks and than they bring me in the office and tell me we have to fire you for not showing up that one day!!!! What the hell??? I didn’t deliberately or willfully missed that day my schedule did say the 19th when I looked at it if that was the case why show up to work at all the next day and the next 12 days that i did!! This is just preposterous
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 02:18 AM

2 posts, read 5,216 times
I forgot to add that I had been an employee for five years and has never had a no call no show before!!!!!

Old 10-12-2017, 10:00 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,422,206 times
You should really put this in the unemployment forum. There are people there that are very knowledgeable and can help you better. I'd ask a mod to move it.

Moderator note: Thread moved from Illinois to Unemployment.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-12-2017 at 10:15 AM..

Old 10-12-2017, 11:07 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,064,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domaniesha79 View Post
Do i need to get a lawyer
No, but if you want one, it's your right to get one.

Quote:
I don’t understated all of this.
What's there not to understand? You got benefits, and your employer isn't happy.

Based on your story, the key piece of evidence is a schedule that shows that you were to work on the 18th. If it's not at your hearing, you need to make a stink because you worked the schedule you knew existed. If the schedule has you on the 18th, but is a different color ink or different handwriting, then point that out to say it was changed.

You must be consistent with your story: I worked the days I knew I was required to work. You're also right that they wouldn't have let you work two weeks if you were really fired for missing the 18th. They'd have fired you on the 19th if that were true.

Quote:
This is just preposterous
Sorry, but this is REAL. If you lose this hearing, you'll lose your benefits and be asked to pay back any money you've already received.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment