Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2018, 10:32 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,045,482 times

Advertisements

I'd love to watch a massive taxpayer revolt in IL (similar to Prop 13 in CA in the 1970s.)

I'd also love to see the IL Gov. pull off what Gov. Walker did in WI. Of course, there would be violence committed by the thuggish union employees, but it would be so gratifying to watch it happen in Springfield like it happened in Madison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 04:53 AM

4,675 posts, read 7,401,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
I'd love to watch a massive taxpayer revolt in IL (similar to Prop 13 in CA in the 1970s.)

I'd also love to see the IL Gov. pull off what Gov. Walker did in WI. Of course, there would be violence committed by the thuggish union employees, but it would be so gratifying to watch it happen in Springfield like it happened in Madison.
Many of us who lived in Wisconsin during that time will tell you the stunts pulled by Walker were shameful and represented a major attack on the American worker. Even today when I go back to visit my relatives, I rarely meet a single individual who is a) proud of him as governor and b) thinks Wisconsin is better off than it was before he and his ilk came into power. It was a major undoing of one of the prouder, progressive American states, and it even still faces major fiscal shortfalls in public education, infrastructure, and transportation. If you think it was some sort of magical panacea, it wasn’t by a LONG shot.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:41 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,250,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post

Anyone with half a brain can figure out that Act 10 in WI was not a good thing. Anyone with a shred of intelligence and perspective does not conflate the details surrounding Act 10 with the situation in IL.

Old 07-19-2018, 03:21 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,587,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
Many of us who lived in Wisconsin during that time will tell you the stunts pulled by Walker were shameful and represented a major attack on the American worker. Even today when I go back to visit my relatives, I rarely meet a single individual who is a) proud of him as governor and b) thinks Wisconsin is better off than it was before he and his ilk came into power. It was a major undoing of one of the prouder, progressive American states, and it even still faces major fiscal shortfalls in public education, infrastructure, and transportation. If you think it was some sort of magical panacea, it wasn’t by a LONG shot.
You didn't hear the other side where the government was barging into people's homes early in the morning and taking their computers and putting gag orders on them not to talk just because they supported Scott Walker and the Dems were after him and wanted to try and recall him. It was similar to the crap they're pulling now on President Trump, only on a lower scale. BTW, more people voted for him to stay during teh recall vote than actually had voted him into office, so apparently the recall effort backfired miserably.

As for Rauner, I don't see him staying after November. He ticked off his conservative base by signing the sanctuary city bill, signing a gun confiscation bill, signing a taxpayer funded abortion bill, and signing a transgender birth certificate bill. He's probably less popular in Illinois than Chris Christie was in New Jersey.

Of course, JB Pritzker is hated by Republicans and many Democrats because of how crooked he is. I kind of hope a third party wins for governor in this race. If ever there was a time for it, it's now.

Old 07-19-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
You didn't hear the other side where the government was barging into people's homes early in the morning and taking their computers and putting gag orders on them not to talk just because they supported Scott Walker
Don't worry...I lived there during Scott Walker's first tenure, and conservative media plastered this story everywhere.

Another wrong does not justify the first.

Old 07-19-2018, 05:18 PM

49 posts, read 50,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
You didn't hear the other side where the government was barging into people's homes early in the morning and taking their computers and putting gag orders on them not to talk just because they supported Scott Walker and the Dems were after him and wanted to try and recall him. It was similar to the crap they're pulling now on President Trump, only on a lower scale. BTW, more people voted for him to stay during teh recall vote than actually had voted him into office, so apparently the recall effort backfired miserably.

As for Rauner, I don't see him staying after November. He ticked off his conservative base by signing the sanctuary city bill, signing a gun confiscation bill, signing a taxpayer funded abortion bill, and signing a transgender birth certificate bill. He's probably less popular in Illinois than Chris Christie was in New Jersey.

Of course, JB Pritzker is hated by Republicans and many Democrats because of how crooked he is. I kind of hope a third party wins for governor in this race. If ever there was a time for it, it's now.
Yeah we heard the same thing in the Presidential Race.
Armed chopped off (Vote for Trump)
Leg Chopped off (Vote for Hillary)
America voted to have the arm chopped off and I don't see Illinois going 3rd party.

Old 07-19-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Don't worry...I lived there during Scott Walker's first tenure, and conservative media plastered this story everywhere.

Another wrong does not justify the first.
No but you don't need to act like you have the moral high ground because you don't.
Its no different than the Anti-Trump people preaching *Love Trumps Hate* Then going out and assaulting a teenager in San Antonio, Firebombing the Orange County North Carolina Republican HQ's in Fall of 2016, Kathy Griffin and the bloody trump mask.
Neither side has any claim to the moral high ground in this country.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoseTheClowns5 View Post
No but you don't need to act like you have the moral high ground because you don't.
This response is just you reading subtext where there is none.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:
This response is just you reading subtext where there is none.
Sticking your head in the sand. Classic

Old 07-20-2018, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoseTheClowns5 View Post
Sticking your head in the sand. Classic
You do you, BRG.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois