Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2018, 05:06 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,587,254 times

Advertisements

I'm voting for Kash Jackson!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2018, 04:47 AM

13,005 posts, read 18,903,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
I'm voting for Kash Jackson!
I expect him, along with Sam McCann, to poll well this election. Voting for someone with no chance of winning entitles you to say, "Don't blame me, I voted for XXX!"

Last edited by pvande55; 09-14-2018 at 04:48 AM.. Reason: Add first name

Old 09-14-2018, 03:13 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,548,528 times
People are going to be blown away by how high their property and income taxes will be, and by how much their property values will stagnate or sink if Pritzker is elected with a Democratic majority. The exodus of the affluent is going to be particularly striking. How any Illinois Democrat can be elected or re-elected in light of the state of this state blows my mind.

After first-term turbulence, Gov. Bruce Rauner says 'We have to change the system slowly. It takes time.'

Your taxes: Rauner vs. Pritzker's empty chair

Zorn: Pritzker can skip debates, but he still must answer for his tax 'plan'

The threat of a graduated income tax

What are most Illinoisans on?

Old 09-14-2018, 05:20 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,918,343 times
unfortunately, many people have been blindly following the democratic party in Illinois, no matter how horrific their fiscal destruction of the state has been over the last 25 or so years..

so sad to see what the dems have done to illinois..

Old 09-15-2018, 05:28 PM

9,977 posts, read 5,677,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
People are going to be blown away by how high their property and income taxes will be, and by how much their property values will stagnate or sink if Pritzker is elected with a Democratic majority. The exodus of the affluent is going to be particularly striking. How any Illinois Democrat can be elected or re-elected in light of the state of this state blows my mind.

After first-term turbulence, Gov. Bruce Rauner says 'We have to change the system slowly. It takes time.'

Your taxes: Rauner vs. Pritzker's empty chair

Zorn: Pritzker can skip debates, but he still must answer for his tax 'plan'

The threat of a graduated income tax

What are most Illinoisans on?
It doesn't matter which one is elected because the property tax situation is already so out of control that it's eroding equity value and it's only going to get worse either way. And the affluent are the ones best positioned to weather the tax tsunami, it's everyone else who's going to get deluged.

Old 09-16-2018, 07:58 PM

451 posts, read 364,979 times
Don’t just blame the democrats.

Rainer opted to pay our vendors 12% interest for 2 years rather than taking a loan at 5-6% range.

That really hurt.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalstaffBlues View Post
Don’t just blame the democrats.

Rainer opted to pay our vendors 12% interest for 2 years rather than taking a loan at 5-6% range.

That really hurt.
First of all, the DEMOCRATS have ruled Illinois completely for the last 20-30 years, period..

Rauner probably chose to pay the vendors because who in their right mind would loan Illinois money for ANY reason at this point? The credit rating of Illinois is probably lower than that of Mozambique..

Old 09-16-2018, 09:48 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,241,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
First of all, the DEMOCRATS have ruled Illinois completely for the last 20-30 years, period..

Rauner probably chose to pay the vendors because who in their right mind would loan Illinois money for ANY reason at this point? The credit rating of Illinois is probably lower than that of Mozambique..
You already chose to do what the thread topic says..... "and I don't want to be here for it" is your motto. You left Chicago .... but constantly look back to accuse and blame the state and city you still gained wealth in and from. Guess you feel little thanks? But to keep blame and politics to rule your life.... even from the sunny southeast.

Guess we all got our agendas..... But I think all in Illinois, already know about the states credit rating.

Old 09-16-2018, 09:59 PM

so, aside from continually trying to insult me,in multiple threads/posts, whats your point?
what do you know about what I "constantly" do? Are you stalking me, or just trolling me?
Either way, please put me on your ignore list..

Old 09-16-2018, 10:36 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,241,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
so, aside from continually trying to insult me,in multiple threads/posts, whats your point?
what do you know about what I "constantly" do? Are you stalking me, or just trolling me?
Either way, please put me on your ignore list..
I see being always negative and political agendas best for the political forums where extreme rhetoric abounds. I limit my reads there as being a moderate it is both funny and yet so sad some hate the other side so.

As nobody doubts. Chicago I see as my second hometown I adopted in my 6-short years officially residing there. I knew its good and bad then ..... and I still know it today. I maintain a glass half full notion and can and will rise .... over one half full and dropping.

No matter what. This city will not fall without a fight it continues to win ..... over giving up. With Illinois? I keep in mind a state cannot default and claim bankruptcy. The Feds would have to intervene. Also Illinois does not allow a city to.

Either way ..... if it came to that point? It is a National issue. There will be no gradual fall into what NYC was by 1975. All city services cut drastically and brought to its knees. Till A reluctant but begged by even corporate America to intervene President Ford .... and NYC was floated Federal loans it did pay back. A new state Governor there also intervened. It then never looked back.

My replies are to rhetoric I keep seeing and all is political blame and a almost hopping to see a fail. Of course, It can't be so of someone?

Eventually I see the Feds stepping in to force some compromise in these pension issues. No huge crash some keep playing. But there is no magic wand to fix all things. A new governor is on the horizon and I'd rather have some optimism then gloom and doom.

I see ignore as narrow-minded and I will miss something I reserve a right to reply on. I keep them civil and not constant. But can't help but see some that I run into that I choose to reply and not following anyone in particular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois