U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-23-2008, 07:37 PM

17 posts, read 46,036 times
Bloomington IN is the home of Indiana U (not sure if they have a nursing school). It's about 70,000 population, very diverse due to the University, not at all what you'd expect of Indiana culturally. There is a new hospital opening there.It's about an hour south of Indianapolis.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 12:09 AM

11 posts, read 34,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Try Lexington KY, Indianapolis IN, or Madison Wisconsin....
Madison is great

If you want to go far I would recommend Seattle, but it's expensive

For music and culture I would recommend Madison at your age. I want to go there just thinking about it and Im almost ten years older than you

Old 05-08-2008, 06:57 AM

1,939 posts, read 3,861,587 times
If your looking for a completely different lifestyle, Id hit somewhere with a beach atmosphere. Sarasota Venice or even the East coast of florida. Very laidback, much different from Chicago. Quite a bit of youngens too (not all old despite the stereotype). Honestly though, if you have a good job, Id wait until the economy betters before you move. Jobs are hard to come by everywhere. Be lucky you have one at this point and plan your move for a few years from now. That will give you time to research

Old 05-08-2008, 03:56 PM

9 posts, read 23,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manda83 View Post
I appreciate all of your input but i really want to get out of the state all together....just somewhere completely different.
Why don't you give Texas a try!

Old 05-08-2008, 07:04 PM

1,239 posts, read 1,569,454 times
Quote:
I am currently in my 20's and just ready to move...but not sure where. Everytime I think I have found a good place, i read posts on here and change my mind. I work at hospital and make pretty good money and would like to continue doing that wherever i go-- along with finishing nursing school. I like a laid back small town feeling but would like to go somewhere bigger than the 4,500 pop. town I live in now. I would like to have a good night life and different cultures without breaking the bank. Anyone got any advice
Smart move. I don't think you will regret moving away from here. Some suggestions: I would try any of the Carolina's or Kentucky. Beautiful weather, but even more importantly, beautiful states in general. There are plenty of small suburban towns in Northern Kentucky, but if you want to experience the city you can drive a few miles to Cincinnati, or maybe Covington.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:43 PM

954 posts, read 2,204,757 times
Columbia, SC
Savannah, Georgia

Maybe one of those????????

Old 05-09-2008, 08:39 AM

19,183 posts, read 50,030,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyal Libra View Post
Why don't you give Texas a try!
Hear hear!

I hear they just loooooove having yankees move down there.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:49 AM

61 posts, read 118,990 times
Sounds like you would like to go warmer. Charleston is great. Personally I prefer Savannah GA over Charleston. I suggest take some time and go visit these places.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:58 PM

2 posts, read 2,746 times
Check out Atlanta, GA. My husband and I (late 20's) moved to the Roswell, a northern suburb of Atlanta 6 years ago from IL and love it! The northern suburbs (Roswell, Alpharetta, Duluth, Marietta) are a nice place to live and only about 20-30 miles from downtown. Roswell is a bit more family oriented then Duluth and a little pricier. If you're looking for nightlife, Buckhead and Midtown (northern part of ATL) is the place to be. There is tons of shopping and restaurant everywhere! We have about 5 malls within 15-20 miles of our house in Roswell. The area is very pretty, with many hills, trees and flowers. I'm not very familiar with the medical industry but there is a medical district in Dunwoody and hospitals everywhere around here.

Coming from IL, the weather in Atlanta is awesome! You still get your four seasons but the winter is so mild, you rarely need a heavy coat. The summers are hot and humid but so is IL. One down side is that the pollen count is very high.

One other down side is the traffic. Atlanta is not known for it's light traffic but we have the Marta Train and many buses. Of course the further out you live the less traffic. Taxes are also a lot cheaper than IL and the northern suburbs are pretty low on crime. Of course, every city has it's less desirable areas.

Good luck with your search for a new adventure. Hope you check out Atlanta.

Last edited by summersbreeze; 05-12-2008 at 09:09 PM..

Old 05-13-2008, 06:33 AM

18 posts, read 35,961 times
Quote:
I am currently in my 20's and just ready to move...but not sure where. Everytime I think I have found a good place, i read posts on here and change my mind. I work at hospital and make pretty good money and would like to continue doing that wherever i go-- along with finishing nursing school. I like a laid back small town feeling but would like to go somewhere bigger than the 4,500 pop. town I live in now. I would like to have a good night life and different cultures without breaking the bank. Anyone got any advice

St. Charles,Illinois best town ever
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois