Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2008, 03:35 PM

2 posts, read 8,888 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]Hello Everyone, I want some guidance from you. I have moved from Chicago earlier this year to Rockford, IL and have been staying on East side near cherry vally mall in a very nice apartments. My only problem is my commute to work which is in Freeport, IL. (Around 35 miles, 40 min every day). So, far I am happy with the apartment and commute as this was the summer time. But, now I am more concern about the winter. Last year was really nasty to drive every day from Rockford to Freeport. I have been warned against the crime rate of Freeport many times. I am really confused. BTW, I am a single. Please give me your honest opinion. Also, if yes, would you please provide me information of any nice apartment in Freeport, IL?[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 10:28 PM

49 posts, read 177,615 times
The crime rate in Freeport is no worse than Rockford. Just stay west of West Ave and you will be good. I forget the name but there are some really nice apartments near Highland Community College, and are probably cheaper than the place in Rockford. Heck if you have some money saved up might want to look into buying a house, you can get a house in a decent neighborhood in the $50,000 - $70,000 range.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:45 PM

62 posts, read 299,825 times
I have a freind who is a police officer in Freeport and he says it's worse than Rockford and would never live in the city himself.

Old 08-18-2008, 05:36 PM

123 posts, read 226,544 times
How could something be worse than rockford?

Old 08-18-2008, 08:12 PM

595 posts, read 2,742,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky12345 View Post
Chicago's having no problems achieving that.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:30 AM

196 posts, read 969,343 times
These are too toooo funny.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:42 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,340,619 times
Well, I use to live in Stockton about 15 miles West of Freeport and I loved that area. Now, I do go to Rockford for many events and Cherry Mall is a nice place but if I had a chance to go back I would go West of Freeport out in the country. That me though, were in Eastern OK at present on a cattle ranch so were into open rural area. While visiting Freeport sometime, take a trip on out to Galena for a visit or Apple Canyon for a nice lake visit. You'll love those areas.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:12 AM

939 posts, read 2,378,925 times
There are plenty of places to live in Freeport that have low/no crime. Even east of West Avenue is okay. Your rent will be cheaper, your commute will be shorter, you won't spend so much in gas. I'd move. It doesn't sound like you have children, so if you don't like it there, you can always move back to Rockford. I'd check out the apartments around the Stephenson St. Road area. There are also homes for rent, and as another poster stated, you can get a decent home in a decent area for not a lot of money. If I were you I'd probably rent for awhile to make sure you like it though.

Freeport, while struggling economically right now, is a pretty, small town. It has a great park system for a town its size, a few decent non-chain places to eat, and it's close to Galena and Oregon areas, which are both quite scenic. I wouldn't suggest someone move there without a job, but since you already have one, it seems like a great choice for you.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:00 PM

6 posts, read 22,576 times
Default Worse than Rockford

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky12345 View Post
Apparently you have never been to or know anything about Aurora, IL. Aurora is way worse than Rockford. Even though Naperville is right next door, they hate people from Aurora and keep the cost of everything so expensive to detour Aurora people blending into or moving into Naperville. I don't care where you live, there are bad parts and bad people in every community. If you believe otherwise, then you need to take off your rose colored glasses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois