U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2008, 12:00 PM

4,677 posts, read 1,776,655 times

Advertisements

We are looking for my stepdads mom, a retirement home or assisted living community that it reasonbly priced in Peoria or surrounding area? We are needing less than $2,000 a month. Does anyone know of any that are income based on low enough priced that would work? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 04:47 PM

11,544 posts, read 23,680,337 times
There are several assisted living facilities in Peoria, however I don't know the cost. I believe there is a Lutheran, Jewish and Catholic specific and others. This link is to the Illinois state site. It list facilities in Peoria, Green Valley, and Canton. I expect Greem Valley to be less expensive; It's a nice area in the country. To better help you I need more information as to her specific physical needs. Does she need someone to cook and clean, is she ambulatory. I do not need sensative information.
http://www.idph.state.il.us/healthca...iving_list.htm

Last edited by linicx; 11-12-2008 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 11-12-2008, 06:56 PM

She does need someone to cook and clean. She is not ambulatory, she doesnt choose to walk much and is mainly blind in both eyes.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:37 AM

Can this lady take care of her personal needs such as bathing and toiletry?

Old 11-13-2008, 03:06 PM

No, i dont the proper way to say it but she uses the bathroom on herself frequently. She can bathe herself somewhat but does need help most of the time.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:31 PM

Incontenent is the medical word for someone who does not have good urinary or bowel control. Many of these folks need adult diapers. I talked to a couple of people I know who work in assisted living facilities. They say your lady probably needs to be in a nursing home since she can't care for herself very well. I believe she would do well in Hopedale Nursing Home - the hospital is very good there and it is nearby, or the nursing home in Mason City. Additionally I've had friends in both facilities and they had no major complaints. I personally prefer Hopedale because ther hospital. Neither Pekin or Peoria recevied high marks. Assisted living facilities costs range from 6-10k monthly depending upon the location and services offered. If your lady lives at home, it might be cheaper to hire someone to live in and help her. If you can find the right person the cost should be less than the $2k you mentioned.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:07 AM

2 posts, read 6,717 times
If you find that you are able to push beyond the 2K a month budget, I'd highly reccomend looking into Luthern Hillside Village. It is about 10 minutes outside of Peoria, heading along the river. Its been a new build within the last 10 or so years, is immaculate, and has a very non-stuffy or overwhelming environment inside.

They have multiple levels of living, from apartments with kitchens and just an emergency call button, to full medical attention style of living:

Residential Living
Elegant patio homes, villas, and apartments, 40,000 sq ft community center, Restaurant, cafe, general store, Chapel, classroom, library, Social opportunities, Housekeeping, transportation

Assisted Living Samaritan Place
Licensed, 24-hour staffing, Emergency call system, Open dining program, Social activities, Housekeeping, linen service, Ecumenical spiritual care, Transportation

Long Term Nursing Care Lutheran Home
Licensed skilled nursing, Medicare and Medicaid certified, Memory loss program, Full-service therapies, Open dining program, Social activities, Ecumenical spiritual care

Alzheimers Assisted Living Bethel Place
24-hour, person-centered care, Medication administration, All private studio living quarters, Individualized activity programs, Open dining program, Courtyard with walking path, Ecumenical spiritual care

There's a general store and a salon that services perms, cuts, and nails all on site.

On a side note, their food they offer is actually better than many restaurants in the area, enough to entice me to visit a friend's grandmother readily anytime someone brings it up, as she usually invites us to lunch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois