U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 08:53 AM

1,915 posts, read 2,764,930 times

Advertisements

Don't know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 07:04 PM

281 posts, read 822,575 times
1. Pillock -- Noun for Idiot, fool. Originally a slang term for the penis but fairly inoffensive now its this meaning has been forgotten. Derog. ref British Slang Dictionary
(Urban Dictionary)

Old 04-02-2009, 10:47 AM

5 posts, read 9,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbridgeland View Post
Ran across this proposed law maybe coming to Illinois. Rep. Kenneth Dunkin wants to require firearm owners to get $1,000,000 in liability insurance or risk losing their FOID cards forever. Remember without the FOID card you become a felon in they catch you. I also heard that they might just conficate your firearms if you don't comply.

Proposed Bill $1 Million Gun Ins. Pol. Illinois
My question is not about insurance, but about some of the stringent Illinois gun regulations in general. I am not a gun owner and do not have a FOID card. But as an owner of a rental unit, I did once run across an abandoned pistol, a Saturday Night Special, so to speak. I just threw it away, but having heard about the rules, I wondered how they might affect somebody who accidentally or inadvertently acquire a firearm, an unfired shell or a firing pin buried in a can of bolts. Without a FOID card, could I become a felon?

Old 04-03-2009, 07:55 AM

59 posts, read 328,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgottonian View Post
My question is not about insurance, but about some of the stringent Illinois gun regulations in general. I am not a gun owner and do not have a FOID card. But as an owner of a rental unit, I did once run across an abandoned pistol, a Saturday Night Special, so to speak. I just threw it away, but having heard about the rules, I wondered how they might affect somebody who accidentally or inadvertently acquire a firearm, an unfired shell or a firing pin buried in a can of bolts. Without a FOID card, could I become a felon?
According the statute, possession without a FOID is illegal. It's funny because straw purchases and other rules are already against Federal law.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:22 AM

5 posts, read 9,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudes13 View Post
According the statute, possession without a FOID is illegal. It's funny because straw purchases and other rules are already against Federal law.
Sure, it's illegal, but HOW illegal? Is the unintended or accidental acquisition of ammo something easy to correct or is it a felony that can land a person with no previous record in prison?

Old 04-08-2009, 06:55 PM

281 posts, read 822,575 times
Quote:
Sure, it's illegal, but HOW illegal? Is the unintended or accidental acquisition of ammo something easy to correct or is it a felony that can land a person with no previous record in prison?
Pretty illegal. The card only costs $5 and you can download the app as a pdf off the net. The biggest expense is the passport-style photo you have to include. Personally, I wouldn't even think about acquiring a weapon or ammo in Illinois without the card. The penalties are ferocious.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:34 PM

5,640 posts, read 17,281,091 times
Yes, even children can get foids. Cheap insurance.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:18 AM

1,915 posts, read 2,764,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailerguy View Post
Pretty illegal. The card only costs $5 and you can download the app as a pdf off the net. The biggest expense is the passport-style photo you have to include. Personally, I wouldn't even think about acquiring a weapon or ammo in Illinois without the card. The penalties are ferocious.
Cost is now $10.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:49 AM

3,047 posts, read 8,123,836 times
There are soooo many stupid people who can't see the big picture, living on the south and west sides of chicago. they simply do not understand that Criminals don't obey the law. Remember, guns are outlawed in Chicago...LOL. these people who want stricter gun laws have to look at their own communities and its' faults first before they go trying to pawn their own problems onto others.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:26 AM

59 posts, read 328,541 times
Quote:
In IL you can't even buy ammo without a FOID. My local Walmart can't sell ammo unless the person behind the counter has a FOID. There are only 2 people there who can legally sell it.

Straw purchases are already felonies. If a current gun owner's FOID expires, he is in felony procession of those weapons.

None of these (nor any new laws) stop thugs that don't care about the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or