U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2009, 01:18 AM

33 posts, read 113,982 times

Advertisements

I live just outside of Illinios, I came from a very nice area and moved to a gated community and did not realize what I entered into.
I read the rules and regulations, but they change so frequently that is not what I originally signed up for when I moved in. The rules 4years ago are non existant. The association is over bearing and is running our subdivision down the tubes, I never realized that the place I moved to had such a bad reputation, it just keeps getting worse.
I need some input on what rights do homeowners actually have against associations when they infringe on the peoples civil liberties and freedom.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the basic rules that apply to any county or state such as that the up keep and maintenance of the property is bad, I fully agree or driving slow due to children in the area. We have renta cops that you put a uniform on them and they think they are the county Sheriff.
Home owners go to the meetings and vote or state their concerns then the board makes the final decision. So tell me what is the purpose.
I would like to know if any one out there has input, I have searched and searched and all I find is help for the associations. They make the rules but can break everyone of them because they get special treatment. They are definately not their for the home owners.
When you move in and purchase your first home they say here read over the rules and regs have a nice day. You are never told what you are actually entered into, they only give you information to get you to move in. The rules change so frequently and they are not the same as the day you moved in. Meetings are held when normal people work and can not attend, then your told no one shows up at the meetings. I have never seen anything so ridiculous and lacking common sense in my whole life. If anyone seen the movie Stepford, it could not be more true.
Can someone help with legal input?

Last edited by P3anut; 03-25-2009 at 01:28 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 05:28 AM

11,544 posts, read 23,790,861 times
If you break the contract and move, you probably need a real lawyer. If you do not want to move, live with the newly changing HOA rules. If rent-a-cop is doing something illegal, then you should probably inquire discretely pf the State Police. They do know the rules. Private property issues can be very dicey if they are not criminal in intent.. Intent is one of the hardest hats to hang on anyone. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois