Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 07:28 PM

91 posts, read 422,445 times

Advertisements

I wont lie and say that I dont want to live elswhere then where I already am.

I DO!

Yet, there is another thing that has to be considered... though I want to move with all of my being and want to live in the perfect location and want to have the ocean to see out my front door...
Sometimes we have to just roll with the lemons we got and suck it up...

In order to have a happy life in the location your in... You have to make life the happiest with what you have in the location your in... No matter if it is as simple as reading a book under a tree or stareing at the stars on a warm Autums night...

Whatever your locations has use it... Dont overlook it.. You may always want to move, but never get the chance.. What a waste it would be of the location you are in if you never get to know what it has to offer...

Stop looking at all the negitive and start magnifying the positive no matter how small it may seem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 10:43 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,897,353 times
I want what you are smoking.

... the Midwest does have nice areas.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:00 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,131,824 times
People who complain because the place they're at is not absolutely perfect are indeed annoying. Every decision about where to live will inevitably involve tradeoffs. But sometimes the place you're at is such a mismatch for your personality type and social & cultural needs and/or career aspirations that moving is the only sensible option if you can do it. One place I lived was so mind-numbing, soul-crushing and just plain depressing that seeing it in the rearview mirror for the last time remains, to this day, one of the happiest days of my life. You couldn't pay me enough money to ever live there again.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:11 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Default Oceanaddict

That sounds like my ex-husband's reasoning for wanting to stay in Champaign. He finally left - after I left him!

Old 03-27-2007, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
That sounds like my ex-husband's reasoning for wanting to stay in Champaign. He finally left - after I left him!
I get to revisit Ann Arbor this summer, and I plan to check out Madison. Until then, I think I will go harvest some corn. Maybe I'll drive up and down the road until the new strip mall gets built ........... yeah.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:00 PM

Madison is the coolest college town ever. Makes Chambana look like a total cow town.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:39 AM
San

54 posts, read 430,274 times
Default Madison

I'm with you Drover. Madison is so WAYYY cool. I love that town. We moved to Kentucky from Northern Illinois. I always wanted to move to Wisconsin but my husband said with my arthritis why did I want to be where the winters were any worse. So we moved to Kentucky and just love it. We lived in Illinois most of our lives and I wanted to leave ever since I was about six and realized there were other places besides flat corn land to live. So far with the rising tax rates up there we sure haven't regretted it. I still miss Wisconsin though. We used to go there a lot and I still have a niece there. Yeah, I'll agree that you have to look at the good points of any place you live. It doesn't hurt anything to be open minded and look around though.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Madison is the coolest college town ever. Makes Chambana look like a total cow town.
Ann Arbor is the coolest college town ever. Makes Chambana look like a total cow town.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:01 PM

Madison = Ann Arbor x 2

Old 03-28-2007, 10:19 PM

559 posts, read 2,115,405 times
Default Excellent advice but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanaddict View Post
I wont lie and say that I dont want to live elswhere then where I already am.

I DO!

Yet, there is another thing that has to be considered... though I want to move with all of my being and want to live in the perfect location and want to have the ocean to see out my front door...
Sometimes we have to just roll with the lemons we got and suck it up...

In order to have a happy life in the location your in... You have to make life the happiest with what you have in the location your in... No matter if it is as simple as reading a book under a tree or stareing at the stars on a warm Autums night...

Whatever your locations has use it... Dont overlook it.. You may always want to move, but never get the chance.. What a waste it would be of the location you are in if you never get to know what it has to offer...

Stop looking at all the negitive and start magnifying the positive no matter how small it may seem.
Hard to do sometimes. When you "can't stand" where you live a minute more, a lot of times it's just the Good Master giving you a nudge...just my opinion... :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois