Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2009, 10:59 AM

1 posts, read 2,518 times

Advertisements

I was suspended from my job until they investagate.
I was accused of having to much product on my truck I'm a delivery driver
I don't pack the trucks they are prepared the night before, all i have to do is count the truck and leave for my deliveries,also a truck supervisor has to count behind me and sign off before i can leave for the day. i follow this procedure everyday,but that morning my manager was at the gate when i was about to leave and he wanted to count my truck he did and he said i was over the count on my paper, i said okay then take it off. he wanted to know how this product got on the truck i said i don't know check the camera's . he instead called the police, the police came my manager explained what happened the police said they had no proof and could not arrest me. My manager said you are not fired just suspended until we investagate.i went to my union on that friday the day of the supension. got a call monday from my union rep. I explained to him what happened and he did'nt know what i was talking about . the union rep. said my employer was looking at old paper work that looked funny to them. my union rep said it looked funny to him to and I should resign so they don't mess up my name in this industry. I said, I was'nt going to resign i did'nt do anything and all my paperwork is signed at the end of each day and all monies is correct, i never recieved a warning or told anything was wrong with my paperwork. my union rep said he did'nt think i should push the issue because they might find something; again I informed him I was not going to resign he said he was going to work on my griveance. He has not returned my calls. This has been going on for about 3 weeks. I applied for UI benefits and i have to have a phone interview because my employer said i resigned but i have not signed anything. Help! Whats going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 07:09 PM

27 posts, read 125,806 times
Sounds like a set up. Probably someone else put the paper work in the truck, you got caught, now the Union won't back you up, your taking the fall for someone else. It's happened to others. Get a lawyer!

Old 03-31-2009, 09:31 PM

15,585 posts, read 27,438,384 times
Yep. Get a lawyer.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:49 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,113,735 times
This is NOT the way a real union rep acts. Get a lawyer.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:00 AM

59 posts, read 364,262 times
Sad news. My union cares about little except collecting dues. Reminds me of certain IL politicians.

I's start looking for a new job. Doesn't sound like a place you want to work for anyways.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:21 AM

281 posts, read 924,342 times
Your title says it all. I concur with the others, you need a lawyer. Unions primarily extract dues from the members and do little else.

There is a very unfair contradiction in the law which makes drivers legally responsible for what is in the vehicles they drive, even when they don't own them, and--as in your case--they are usually not involved in loading the cargo.

There are hundreds of truck drivers in prison for transporting drugs who were simply given the keys to a truck with a sealed trailer and a destination. It is horribly unfair, but that's the way it is in this country. You need a lot more help than we can give you on this board.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:22 PM

18 posts, read 45,393 times
Well it sounds like you might be a Teamster. That is a symptom of Teamsters!

Old 04-12-2009, 03:36 PM

146 posts, read 466,134 times
Sounds like you were set-up. If the union is not giving you sufficient representation then get an attorney.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:11 PM

66 posts, read 260,137 times
Actually, the unions have been successful in running companies out of Illinois. :-)

I should also add that the IL Gov't is also to blame as they continue to raise corporate taxes.

And, I think most CEO's make too much money.

I think I just about covered all the bases.

Last edited by waldo; 04-20-2009 at 05:31 PM..

Old 04-24-2009, 09:28 PM

65 posts, read 293,692 times
You need to file a grievance. If you lose, file a complaint with the labor board. If you lose, get a lawyer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois