Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 11:09 PM

2 posts, read 7,389 times

Advertisements

Julliana, I am in Chicago getting ready to do some training for my medical sales position now. I will have Rockford as my territory and may see some of the doctors you represent, we will see. Anyway, I have been told that Elgin is not a bad city to live in as well. Only a short 20 minute or so drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 04:30 AM

38,707 posts, read 102,737,620 times
More like 45 from Elgin to Rockford.

Old 06-13-2007, 11:15 AM

209 posts, read 1,086,355 times
Rockford is pretty cool, overall . Some problems on west side, but nothing overly bad, and not too often. Small cities in every direction of Rockford, especially south (i.e: Byron, Oregon) are great choices, but look for a 20-30 minnute commute, which im not sure if you'd like. I'd probably move to the East side, in a neighborhood near Cherry Vale Mall.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,535 times
Hello everyone, I used to live in Rockford, I'm sorry to say I really didn't enjoy much of it.. People are not so friendly.. For been single at the age of 28 we actually had to go out town, to find something to do.. I live in Chicago I love it more, the single life out here is way to different...

Old 07-05-2007, 09:11 AM

196 posts, read 966,624 times
Everything is relative....and being single and coming to Rockford may be a whole new experience to you. I never mean to be negative...I often move/relocate as part of my work. Sometimes it is for a short time, other times it seems like forever. My point is when I came to the Rockford area I was recruited to come here. When I got here I was "welcomed" at first...but then it was a living nightmare. It all depends on your line of work and if you have different views on what is going on around Town.
I have met some wonderful people here in Rockford...and they do exist. However, don't think they are all wonderful and most are alot sneakier than other areas I grew up. Very plastic folks....but not all., like I said., No one area has all bad or all Good.
All depends on what you do for a living, what you look like and how much money you make and where you live.
Life could be good, I just say be carefull no matter where you live.
More carefull of the Rockford area cos if you did not grow up here, you are treated like you have to earn your "points" here.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,466 times
Default Moving to Rockford

I was surprised to hear Loves Park called upitty. You have never lived in Saint Charles, its uppity. If you don't drive a brand new BMW they will run you off the road. I cant wait to move to Loves Park. Maybe than I be able to stay on the road.

Carla
PS I drive a 92 Mercury Mountianeer

Old 08-15-2007, 10:24 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,124,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla Curcio View Post
I was surprised to hear Loves Park called upitty. You have never lived in Saint Charles, its uppity. If you don't drive a brand new BMW they will run you off the road. I cant wait to move to Loves Park. Maybe than I be able to stay on the road.

Carla
I lived in St. Charles and drove a Toyota pickup with a 4" suspension lift with 35" mudders. In St. Charles, it was ME who was driving BMWs off the road. I hate yuppies.

As for Rockford, I was up there over the weekend and would have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I hadnt been up there for more than a few minutes at a time in the last year, but this time I actually drove around parts of town that were new to me. I cruised Mill and Bell School Rd (near the Clocktower area), and a bunch of neighborhoods over there and actually liked it. There is a waterpark (indoor) there too as well as a whole slew of new restaurants, etc. I ate at a place called Tumbleweed, which was pretty decent. Ive also been to Leno's which has great Italian food. Overall Id say Rockford is heading in the right direction.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla Curcio View Post

Carla
I lived in St. Charles for about 20 years. In summary: you're full of it.

BTW Steve-O: Tumbleweed is a chain. Which is fitting given one of my complaints about Rockford: it's a Chain Hell.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:54 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,124,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I lived in St. Charles for about 20 years. In summary: you're full of it.

BTW Steve-O: Tumbleweed is a chain. Which is fitting given one of my complaints about Rockford: it's a Chain Hell.
Thats a chain? Had no idea, looked far too nice to be a chain. Family told me they remodeled a year earlier, and it did indeed look nice. Kinda reminiscent of the Village Squire on Randall.... it didnt have a chain look to it whatsoever. Thanks for the info though.

Oh, are there any out here in the burbs that you know of? Their sirloin was surprisingly decent, I wouldnt mind another one but Im not drivin all the way to Suckford for a steak.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Thats a chain? Had no idea, looked far too nice to be a chain. Family told me they remodeled a year earlier, and it did indeed look nice. Kinda reminiscent of the Village Squire on Randall.... it didnt have a chain look to it whatsoever. Thanks for the info though.

Oh, are there any out here in the burbs that you know of? Their sirloin was surprisingly decent, I wouldnt mind another one but Im not drivin all the way to Suckford for a steak.
Sorry to say, Rockford is the closest Tumbleweed location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois