Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 09:29 AM

2,438 posts, read 3,313,374 times

Advertisements

Rockford is growing faster than any other metro in Illinois. It has unlimited potential to combine the culture/economy of Chicagoland with the housing price of Kansas.

Frankly, it's the only place in Illinois that I'd actually invest in these days...real estate wise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 09:33 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,124,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
Rockford is growing faster than any other metro in Illinois. It has unlimited potential to combine the culture/economy of Chicagoland with the housing price of Kansas.

Frankly, it's the only place in Illinois that I'd actually invest in these days...real estate wise.
Rockford is the fastest growing metro in IL. Not even in the top 10 last I checked.

And there are far better places in IL to invest in real estate. In fact, Rockford would be one of my last choices. Just ask my FIL who bought a house in St. Charles for 550K and sold it 4 years later for a little over 800K. You wont get that in Rockford.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:13 AM

5 posts, read 19,897 times
Default so, so, right

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavewoman View Post
Not sure where everyone is coming from, but "friendly" Rockford is not. St Anothonys is a good hospital, you should meet a lot of people there.
I have been here 7 years and alot fo the people are NOT friendly at all. That is why it is such a "PIT". It will never grow or expand cos all people do is comlain and talk about one another. Its so sad...
friendly not,hateful and nosey yes.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:17 AM

Default run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe83 View Post
Hello Julliana. I am also moving to Rockford near July with a new company. I am also intersted in seeing how the community is as well as other popular interests. Also being 34, I am curious about points of interest in Rockford.
You will be so disappointed like me that you ever came here. unless you lower your standards you will remain single and frustrated.I moved down here for a job with about 1300 other people from detroit, newyork,alabama, st.louis, and memphis. could you please tell me why we have so many return to home plant requests; that the front office had to stop accepting them.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:22 AM

Default why are u lying

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
Julianna, I lived in Freeport which is about 30 miles or so to the West of Rockford. But we spent a lot of time over there shopping, dining, etc. The people are friendly, we had no problem there.

Plus, St Anthony's has an excellent reputation. I'm sure you'll like it there !
Unless you enjoy out dated fashion there is no where here to shop. U have to drive to the city of Schaumberg to do any real shopping. Yes St.Anthony is a good hospital.Thats all Rockford has to offer. moving here has been like a bad dream that I've been fighting to wake up from. Don't make the mistake that I did.

Old 02-02-2008, 09:25 PM

24 posts, read 99,799 times
I think it should be said like this, people here ARE friendly, however, they don't want to be friendly enough to be considered 'your friend'. That's how I see it... been here 5 years.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:45 AM

32 posts, read 99,833 times
I love loves park.... its a VERY nice area and I can't wait until the main road to the YMCA opens!

Old 01-17-2009, 08:05 AM

90 posts, read 351,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by czakaras View Post
I love loves park.... its a VERY nice area and I can't wait until the main road to the YMCA opens!

That road is already open.

Do you have to comment about Loves Park on EVERY Rockford post?

Old 01-17-2009, 09:37 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,597,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julianna View Post
Thanks Joe
Quess u no how Im feeling!! Im really looking forward to the move, despite some negative posts. I was brought up in a tiny highland village in Scotland which has both good points and bad!! I am gonna embrace this adventure with good heart and open mind, cant be that bad right???
I live in Rockford. It has good parts and bad. Having live in St. Louis Mo. and Rockford for many years all I can say is living in a tiny village is extremely different. Continue to have an open mind, but be cautious with your good heart. Too many people in this town will use that to take advantage of you. I have seen too many people with a kind heart hurt bad trying to "help". There are good people here too. Hope you make some great friends on your new venture!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois