Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2009, 10:24 AM

894 posts, read 2,381,165 times

Advertisements

what do you guys think of him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 06:49 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,259,477 times
I looked at his state website. He's a lawyer whose had considerable experience in a variety of fields.
I don't know what his party affiliation is or what his particular leanings are regarding Illinois politics as a whole, or anything about his church affiliation or he has one. My personal feelings are If he is not too far left, or too far right, or too rigid in this thinking, he would probably be a very good candidate. He has not announced, and I don't know anything about him.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:29 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,361,596 times
Dillard is from Hinsdale and has previously been in the GOP leadership as far as suburban law makers. He has a good working relationship with most of the other law makers, but I doubt that he has much appeal to the people that will need to be won over statewide. While his views are mostly moderate and he has not been tarred by any scandal he is about as "non ethnic" as any non-mannequin can be ...

That said he be a hard guy to villify, except for the fact that his long association with the GOP means that he has been at photo ops with McCain and Bush and lord knows how the campaign companies LOVED to paste photos of Judy Topinka next to every unliked politician they could find.

I think Dillard endorsed Obama early on, with a TV in the primaries, but that probably won't work "for" him as it was not like he went campaigning hard or anything, and Obama is not exactly Mr. Popular in the same way he was then... Illinois Review: Proft Surprised by Dillard’s Entrance into the Race, as a Republican

Old 07-08-2009, 08:43 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,606,786 times
What do you think of him?

Old 07-09-2009, 08:38 AM

818 posts, read 2,171,552 times
Not too impressed, we need new (or different) ideas from outside the Illinois political establishment right now, not a compromise between two sets of lousy ones.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:15 AM

28,455 posts, read 85,361,596 times
Default Do you really that would work???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJaye View Post
Not too impressed, we need new (or different) ideas from outside the Illinois political establishment right now, not a compromise between two sets of lousy ones.

I have not been happy with the slime of the corrupt / inept insiders, but neither have I been impressed with what happens when an "outsider" is given a shot.

Pat Quinn is NOT an insider. He is not corrupt and has no real enemies, but neither does he seem capable of getting things done.

If you remember Sen. Patrick Fitzgerald he was definitely NOT an insider. He was incredibly INEFFECTIVE in getting anything done in Washington or helping the State of Illinois in any way, save having a pit bull Federal Prosecutor assigned to the District.

I suppose you could call our current POTUS an outsider too. So far he has NOT helped the economy, has not made government any more responsive to the needs of citizens, and has only acted to consolidate power of his inner circle.

Given the choice of some one like Kirk Dillard, who is well known to the leaders of both parties in Springfield, and has never engaged in any sort of corrupt practices, nor dealt with dirty money "friends" nor radicals from either end of the spectrum and an "outsider" I think the choice is easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois