U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 05:12 AM

3 posts, read 8,205 times

Advertisements

My husband my have to relocate and this is one of the areas. anything you can tell me would be appreciated, also are the schools good?

thanks. Staci...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2006, 05:22 PM

3 posts, read 8,205 times
I guess its not to good.......

Old 10-04-2006, 11:19 AM

9 posts, read 60,638 times
hello my boy friend brother and wife and kids lived there they been there for like maybe 4 or so years now i guess they like it there and they have 2 kids there and my cousin and his wife just moved there i been there what i have seen of it it looks ok but dont know nonething on the school or any thing like that

Old 10-06-2006, 10:20 PM

63 posts, read 189,284 times
The refineries are nearby. Once you get use to the smell, it's not too bad.

Old 10-09-2006, 02:31 PM

19 posts, read 144,456 times
Default Wow

I just looked that town up. The median house value is approx. $55,000 (atleast a few years back), its 19 miles away from St. Louis, and it is 98% white (not a racist, btw we all know about property values and how race and crime affect it, so lets be mature about this). Sounds like a great deal to me! Who cares about a refinery.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:35 PM

20 posts, read 69,592 times
It's not nice

Old 06-08-2007, 07:34 AM

275 posts, read 1,008,422 times
Default Work in Roxana, Live in Edwardsville

My husband works at the refinery. Roxana has a lot of great people, and the neighboring communities are nice. We were relocated here 4 years ago via a company transfer from Texas. We picked Edwardsville to live. The schools have a WONDERFUL reputation, the town is growing, it is the county seat of Madison County, and SIUE is a good-sized university that is growing. I have 2 kids in elementary, and we love all the opportunities for kids in the Edwardsville/Glen Carbon area. We absolutely love it here and hope to be here for a very long time.

Last edited by mdz; 06-08-2007 at 07:50 AM.. Reason: advertising

Old 06-29-2007, 09:29 AM

3 posts, read 8,704 times
Default Roxana school graduate

I grew up in the area and attened Roxana schools from 1st grade until high school graduation. Roxana has the smallest school district in the area with graduating classes averaging about 100 people. I loved my education there and felt that I was fully prepared for college. It may be a small school, but the teachers are very well qualified, and the school district fully supports the arts programs. Edwardsville does have a lot to offer in terms of a much larger school and more suburbia amenities, but I had a great experience in my school career in Roxana. It's a school where you know everyone and there is very little crime.

P.S. You can only smell and notice the refineries if you live in South Roxana (not recommended). You can't smell it anywhere in Roxana, I guess they're upwind.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:54 PM

270 posts, read 569,625 times
Roxana is close to several other cities, so if you don't like it there, you still have a lot of other choices. If you want a cozy, family-friendly town you might try Edwardsville (close by). There is also a University & great school systems there.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:43 PM

1,280 posts, read 3,848,098 times
I grew up in the general area as well. Small town living. I never got the feeling of whos who ...

depends on what you are looking for ... someone said stay clear of South Roxana thats a good idea!
what are you use to what do you want ?

Roxana has a parks department with a pool... small school
areas around are Bethalto, East Alton, Woodriver, Granite City, Hartford.

Personally I would stay clear of East Alton, Granite City and Hartford along with South Roxana.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois