Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2008, 10:53 AM

10 posts, read 82,176 times

Advertisements

Hi!

I have a 5 and a half month old dachshund. Just recently relocated to the C-U area and it's getting around that time we need to get a rabies shot and look into getting him neutered. Also, I think he has an ear infection so I would like to take him somewhere as soon as possible this week to get him looked at.

I am on the southwest side of Champaign but am willing to go anywhere with great care. Our last vet in Indiana was so caring and knowledgeable about dachshunds and was reasonably priced so I am hoping to find that same kind of care.

I am hoping I might get some leads on here as to where is the best vet office to take my dog. I was looking at VCA Heritage but I'm worried it might be very expensive. I would appreciate any feedback from community members on what's the best and still reasonably priced. Also, since I believe he has an ear infection I want to get him in as soon as possible. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 11:37 PM

135 posts, read 598,696 times
We have been going to Caring Hands Animal Hospital in Urbana (by Sunnycrest Mall) and have had good experiences so far. Prices seem reasonable.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:55 PM

13 posts, read 62,455 times
This is off your subject... but we have a dachshund also. We also just moved to the area and we are looking for someone to swap in dog care while we go on vacations or a weekend get-a-way. We have never had to board her and just hate the thought of doing so. We always have had neighbors to take turns in caring for each others dog.
We went to Sandusky, Oh over the weekend and took her... it was just too much for her and us!!
Anyway if this is something that you might be interested in, please let me know.
I hope you find a good vet, ours is in Danville.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:00 AM

1 posts, read 5,730 times
Although I do not have dogs (unfortunately), I have been taking my two cats to All Creatures Animal Hospital on North Lincoln (near the highway). I also took my rabbit there until she passed away several years ago. They are wonderful!

Their website is [url=http://www.allcreaturesah.com/]All Creatures Animal Hospital[/url]. Good luck!

Old 02-20-2009, 10:16 AM

1 posts, read 5,413 times
Caring Hands in Urbana is excellent. Their charges are reasonable from my experience. If you are trying to save money Crossroads in Urbana used to be relatively cheaper. But the facility is not as up to date as some practices.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:11 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,247,739 times
If you are new to the area, your dog needs Rabies, Bordatello and the other shot - the name escapes me. It a total of three shots. You can give the Bordatello and other yourself, but Rabies is by Vet only. You will also need to give Heart Worm and Flee treatment all year. My dog got fleas in January even though it was cold and snow was on the ground! If your pet is around trees and grass, mosquitos and ticks can be a problem as they carry disease. We spray four times a year and it helps greatly to control the bad bug population. .

Old 03-04-2009, 03:30 PM

1 posts, read 5,464 times
Default Lost Dog

My miniature dachsund was lost late February, 2009 in Danville near Bowman Street and Grove Street. He is reddish brown and is 2 years old. We are devastated and would very much like to find our beloved dog. Please call 309-241-2211.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois