Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 04:36 PM

6 posts, read 6,689 times

Advertisements

I have lived in Illinois for almost 1yr now residing in Bartlett. I have to say I hate Illinois!! Maybe im not in the right area sorry,but Ive hit the point today where I just dont care how snotty I sound. My kids have AllKids and I was sent to an elgin pediatrician. OMG, I was the only non-hispanic there and they treated me like I didnt belong. So I got fed up and walked out with my 3 records. Is there a "white area" to live here? Listen im not a predjudice person but I am fed up with america when I cant even go to a doctors office and understand what they are saying. Your in AMERICA speak fing english. My husband makes 60k and we still cant afford insurance and food how do you people do it here. Rent is OUTRAGEOUS, mostly because taxes i know. Im here for a while so tell me please where do I go to the doc, where do I live, shop ect. where im not in little Mexico (BTW my best friend down south is cuban and she totally agrees with me, I thought she would be offended when she read this) Im desperate, I may just leave my hubby and move back home with out him. I must be missing something, things are so currupt and fuc*ed up in this state. Seriously you should all try living somewhere else you would LOVE it!!
Please no hate mail, I really do want to know where to live.

Old 06-05-2007, 04:54 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,124,059 times
Duh, you were in Elgin, what did you expect? LOL Elgin is full of Hispanics. 60K a year should net you someplace decent. You really need double income though to get by it seems these days. Here are some towns that you should look into:

Winfield, Warrenville, Elburn, Sycamore, St. Charles, Geneva, South Elgin, Wheaton, Naperville, Plainfield, Evanston, etc. Bartlett happens to be a decent town, I dont know what your beef is, really. Where did you move from? If you cant find something to do out here in Chicagoland, youre not looking obviously.

I travel extensively, seen every corner of this country almost, several times. Sure Illinois has its downfalls, but EVERY place on earth does too. You just need to make the best of it. Ive lived out of state and couldnt wait to get back to IL, Chicagoland is so vast and diverse and chock-full of things to do.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:06 PM

29 posts, read 100,386 times
You might want to consider checking with your neighbors. They might be able to help you. You are obviously poor or you wouldn't qualify for whatever insurance you really want. I guess everything has a price tag, not everyone can afford it. That's life.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:00 AM

260 posts, read 1,141,323 times
Most Docs refuse to accept Allkids because Blogo is so damn slowing paying the bills. With your income you'd be much better off Downstate. Moderator cut: personal - off topic

Last edited by Marka; 06-06-2007 at 10:46 AM..

Old 06-06-2007, 09:14 AM

8,438 posts, read 12,121,868 times
People look at you funny? You're the only different face in the crowd and you always stand out? You're never inconspicuous? That has been my life for the last 40 years. However, I question why people find this so upsetting. It basically means that a person is a minority in a particular setting. Some folks have no history with this status and find it greatly upsetting. As adults, I don't think this should be as much a problem as people make of it.

Illinois is not heaven but is not the pits as to these situations, either. Find comfort in being around humans and seek common humanity in everyone. Then hopefully you can be comfortable in any setting.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:17 AM

6 posts, read 6,689 times
I wish I could take back the "white area" comment because I have nothing wrong with diversity. Pax you completly get me. My problem stems with Ilegal immigrants. I dont think im poor ive been poor and I think im middle class now. Like I said we bring in a little over 60k a year and I qualify for all Kids so why cant I use it. This is the problem I am a middle class american I have paid taxes all my life and I want to get the healthcare that all you hispanics are using. Maybe if illegals didnt crowd our healthcare system us middle class americans would have more of a break. I live in a nice nieghboorhood and most of my niegboors break their back trying to pay for insurance i used to pay 800/month for family insurance, why, why should I have to do that instead of utilizing a goverment program that I qualify for. I know why because I cant actually use it because you Have to speak spanish to use the doctors that take it. Its sick and Im sure lots of other races would agree with me. MIDDLE class needs a break its not fair that I have to leave my kids at day care and work (which i dont im a sahm) to live comfortable. In my initial posting I was so upset and why is it wrong when I complain about being discriminated as a white person but if i were hispanic I would have every right to complain. I just wanted to know does such a place exist where you can go to a doctor in IL and utilize my all kids and it be a nice facilitiy, it is the states fault for not providing the organization with this healthcare even in low income areas.

-sorry for all those who I've offended,but its how I feel, I really dont have a problem with hispanics either just the whole system I guess
and its not fair for hispanics who want a better life to have to put up with the basic problems i encountered yesterday the facilities was dirty and unorganized and they managed to lose my shot records 4 times within the same hour. The state I used to live in when I was "poor" i made only 19,000/yr but I still went to state of the art health care facilities free and its just diffrent, people in IL need to make a stand and demand organization and demand that all healthcare providers accept all kids, fair treatment,nice facilities, ect.

Last edited by mogrl; 06-06-2007 at 09:28 AM..

Old 06-06-2007, 09:45 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,124,059 times
IL is home to some of the best hospitals in the nation. I suggest you find another PCP and get the heck out of Elgin, that town is full of illegals.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:03 AM

98 posts, read 452,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrl View Post
I wish I could take back the "white area" comment because I have nothing wrong with diversity. Pax you completly get me. My problem stems with Ilegal immigrants. I dont think im poor ive been poor and I think im middle class now. Like I said we bring in a little over 60k a year and I qualify for all Kids so why cant I use it. This is the problem I am a middle class american I have paid taxes all my life and I want to get the healthcare that all you hispanics are using. Maybe if illegals didnt crowd our healthcare system us middle class americans would have more of a break. I live in a nice nieghboorhood and most of my niegboors break their back trying to pay for insurance i used to pay 800/month for family insurance, why, why should I have to do that instead of utilizing a goverment program that I qualify for. I know why because I cant actually use it because you Have to speak spanish to use the doctors that take it. Its sick and Im sure lots of other races would agree with me. MIDDLE class needs a break its not fair that I have to leave my kids at day care and work (which i dont im a sahm) to live comfortable. In my initial posting I was so upset and why is it wrong when I complain about being discriminated as a white person but if i were hispanic I would have every right to complain. I just wanted to know does such a place exist where you can go to a doctor in IL and utilize my all kids and it be a nice facilitiy, it is the states fault for not providing the organization with this healthcare even in low income areas.

-sorry for all those who I've offended,but its how I feel, I really dont have a problem with hispanics either just the whole system I guess
and its not fair for hispanics who want a better life to have to put up with the basic problems i encountered yesterday the facilities was dirty and unorganized and they managed to lose my shot records 4 times within the same hour. The state I used to live in when I was "poor" i made only 19,000/yr but I still went to state of the art health care facilities free and its just diffrent, people in IL need to make a stand and demand organization and demand that all healthcare providers accept all kids, fair treatment,nice facilities, ect.
Mogrl, you are certainly entitled to any government programs that you qualify for and should be able to receive quality healthcare for your children. No question.

Not all Hispanics are illegals though, and they too deserve quality healthcare. I do not think the healthcare crisis in this country is due to immigration, but I suppose it may play a part. The healthcare system in this country is broken (or non-existent), and given the incredible wealth of this nation, it is absurd that anyone, legal or not, be denied adequate healthcare.

For those who are die hard anti-immigration, watch the episode of "30 Days" where the host lives with illegal immigrants for one month and visits the village in Mexico where the family came from. If it's either watch your children starve to death, or flee to another country, which would you pick? Again, as a wealthy, powerful nation, we can and should do better.

I hope you are able to find a good doctor and nice facility, either way. Good luck to you.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:04 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,768 posts, read 4,122,233 times
[quote=Schmoo;838208]
For those who are die hard anti-immigration, watch the episode of "30 Days" where the host lives with illegal immigrants for one month and visits the village in Mexico where the family came from. If it's either watch your children starve to death, or flee to another country, which would you pick? quote]

The problem is that the print and broadcast media in America almost always present the most sympathetic view possible of the illegal immigrants. There is no balance... you will rarely if ever see a program or article showing the very dark side of the illegal invasion... high rates of crime, high illegitimate birthrates, occasional terrorists mixed in with the crossing illegals, increasing rates of TB and other third world diseases, and wreaking havoc on the schools and healthcare systems in many states and cities. This is the reality.
The sugar-coated, sympathetic views portrayed in shows like your "30 days" do not reflect the reality that many of us see and experience on a daily basis.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:05 AM

4,720 posts, read 15,558,307 times
Elgin does not represent all the wonderful-ness that Illinois has to offer.Hanover Park,your Bartlet neighbor, is also home to a very large hispanic population as well.You are in the wrong area if it bothers you so much.The thread title you chose does not speak too highly for you.If this is how you choose to represent yourself,you will have trouble making friends where ever you move
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois