Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2010, 06:22 PM

7 posts, read 16,923 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any info on Rankin Illinois? I know it’s a very small town. From pictures I have seen seems dark, secluded, abandoned maybe.. does anyone know how the local schools, Crime are? Any good or bad info would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 09:36 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,697,699 times
I driven through it a number of times on my way to visit relatives downstate -- and I still can't think of anything that's there. There's just nothing going on in Rankin. If you intend to live in that area and want something more substantial while still having a small-town feel, I'd look into Paxton.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:12 PM

1 posts, read 3,618 times
Rankin is a town of about 700 people. There are no stores. There are two or three taverns, a barber shop, a library with very limited hours, a Lions' club, a Casey's convenience store/gas station, an insurance agency, no schools. The kids go to Hoopeston, IL 10 miles away to school. There are a Lutheran and a Methodist church. There are a few community activities: senior citizens, etc. There are two parks and a pretty good July 4 celebration always held the weekend before July 4.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:49 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,471,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmacars View Post
Rankin is a town of about 700 people. There are no stores. There are two or three taverns, a barber shop, a library with very limited hours, a Lions' club, a Casey's convenience store/gas station, an insurance agency, no schools. The kids go to Hoopeston, IL 10 miles away to school. There are a Lutheran and a Methodist church. There are a few community activities: senior citizens, etc. There are two parks and a pretty good July 4 celebration always held the weekend before July 4.

Do they still have Old Settler's Days?
I lived there many many many years ago. 1st thru 4th grade. Mid 60's.

Old 11-11-2011, 02:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,744 times
Smile Old Settlers'-Cissna Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
Do they still have Old Settler's Days?
I lived there many many many years ago. 1st thru 4th grade. Mid 60's.
Hi there!

The OLD SETTLERS' Celebration is just north of Rankin, IL in Cissna Park, IL. They have it every year yet and it is a nice time for everyone. They have the rides and game booths and lots of great food and it is free to attend, just costs to ride the rides and whatever food you buy. All who attend have a great time.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:58 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,471,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheali2005 View Post
Hi there!

The OLD SETTLERS' Celebration is just north of Rankin, IL in Cissna Park, IL. They have it every year yet and it is a nice time for everyone. They have the rides and game booths and lots of great food and it is free to attend, just costs to ride the rides and whatever food you buy. All who attend have a great time.
I remember that now. Thanks for the correction. Got my little towns mixed up.
It was a great town for kids my age to grow up in. I wasn't there as a teen do can't comment on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois