Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2009, 08:11 AM

392 posts, read 559,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdr18 View Post
Quite personally, I like living in Indiana. I live in Fort Wayne and wouldn't trade it for anything else. Fort Wayne is by no means racist and I think that people who claim that Indiana is racist just have something against the state. Were not the best state, but were not the worst state either.

Very true, I have cousins and family that live in Ft Wayne, on Logan Street. My cousins cousin is the police chief in Ft Wayne.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
Yes, parts of Indiana, especially small towns can be very unfriendly to outsiders or people that don't share a particular skin color. In my old high school racism was very common. I would frequently see desks that had the letters KKK carved into them. There were boys in my high school class that would happily fly the Confederate flag. I can't wait to get out of my hometown. It is quite backward here or something.
Fortunately, not all of Indiana is this way.
That town does not happen to be Shelby or somewhere near is it. Hey the KKK is big, and it is not just secluded to little towns. By no means is there only 300,000 members as they claim. Its most elite members are in law enforcement, Law, and in Politics. Now, they do not tell you this naturally, but we can read between the lines and know of testimonies of fire chiefs etc, that have been approached by KKK members for recruitments.

It is interesting that you use the word Outsiders, as that is how they express their thoughts towards people of color, the KKK that is or white supremist communities and the leaders of these communities.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:26 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,677,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon7620 View Post
Gideon said, hogwash, it was Indiana. BTW,
Formed in TN in 1865-1866

New Georgia Encyclopedia: Ku Klux Klan in the Reconstruction Era

Ku Klux Klan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TN Encyclopedia: KU KLUX KLAN (http://tennesseeencyclopedia.net/imagegallery.php?EntryID=K028 - broken link)

Hate crimes can happen anywhere.. Funny, I have black friends who live in N. Indiana & nothing has ever happened to them.. You'd think if it's this vile cesspool of rate & hate, they would have mentioned it

Old 11-04-2009, 11:29 AM

3,631 posts, read 7,666,242 times
I spent some time growing up in NW Indiana and at the time I couldn't wait to leave. Looking back now after living in several other states (across the U S) I will admit I appreciate it more at least as a place to raise children. However, I would never return there to live...I just can't do those long grey winters any longer. Some of the farmland and small towns in the state are beautiful but there would be no means for me to earn a living in a rural area.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:36 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,529,588 times
Quote:
Gideon said, hogwash, it was Indiana. BTW, I guess you are white and have never had a cross burned in your yard. Indiana is the most racially controled state in the union, fact. I know friends that have had crosses burned in their yards, people who's business have been destroyed by Klan members or firestation members, whom useually go together. I can get peopel to testify that in the community where I live there are Klan members on the police force; BTW the entire force is white and most are skinheads. In a community as this, where the demographics demonstrate diversity, something is wrong with that picture. Would'nt you say? This is common in NW, Indiana. They excuse they always give is they can not find minorities to qualify; so in essence they are saying people of color are stupid. We have an old saying here in NW, Indiana, and that is anything south of the Mason Dixie Line is Klanish, and it is. The Klanish people say they do not like to come north of that line either. We know this by experience, so truthfully you have no say in the matter. I can show you twenty police reports of hate crimes committed, recently in southern lake, Newton, Japser, and Palaski counties, all south of that line.

When I was a teen growing up in the 80's the KKK burned a cross at a football game in Crown Point, but it was all in good fun, not meant to offend any. You are out of date, time, and race to realize the truth which only comes by experience. Recently they burned a cross in my Arab friends yard. Hey, wake up, the US has more racial problems today than it ever had. That is because they, the powers that be want it that way, in order to divide and conquer the masses of diversity.
I'm calling BS on most of this.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:31 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,604,139 times
Quote:
Gideon said, hogwash, it was Indiana. BTW, I guess you are white and have never had a cross burned in your yard. Indiana is the most racially controled state in the union, fact. I know friends that have had crosses burned in their yards, people who's business have been destroyed by Klan members or firestation members, whom useually go together. I can get peopel to testify that in the community where I live there are Klan members on the police force; BTW the entire force is white and most are skinheads. In a community as this, where the demographics demonstrate diversity, something is wrong with that picture. Would'nt you say? This is common in NW, Indiana. They excuse they always give is they can not find minorities to qualify; so in essence they are saying people of color are stupid. We have an old saying here in NW, Indiana, and that is anything south of the Mason Dixie Line is Klanish, and it is. The Klanish people say they do not like to come north of that line either. We know this by experience, so truthfully you have no say in the matter. I can show you twenty police reports of hate crimes committed, recently in southern lake, Newton, Japser, and Palaski counties, all south of that line.

When I was a teen growing up in the 80's the KKK burned a cross at a football game in Crown Point, but it was all in good fun, not meant to offend any. You are out of date, time, and race to realize the truth which only comes by experience. Recently they burned a cross in my Arab friends yard. Hey, wake up, the US has more racial problems today than it ever had. That is because they, the powers that be want it that way, in order to divide and conquer the masses of diversity.
Being of mixed race and living in different parts of the state I have to say this is the biggest load of crap I have ever read!

Old 11-04-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15395 View Post
Being of mixed race and living in different parts of the state I have to say this is the biggest load of crap I have ever read!
Gideon said, quite obviously that is your opinion, but I know it through experience, hence fact. You just have not been fortunate to have experienced it on many occasions. It is a fact of life. During the 70'S and 80's there was less racial divide, because the popular culture in music broke beariers down. Now we have the media bombarding the airwaves with hogwash that washes your miniscule brains. I know, many white people on here hate Latinos, Blacks, Chineese, and anything that has color. You may not realize it, but you have been programmed to do that. The power that be call this dividing and conquering the masses. THey know if they can keep people racially divided they can control us, fact. I can assure you one thing, those that are saying this is not true are white. We have a joke around here; the police are mostly all bald because they are skinheads.

Last edited by Gideon7620; 11-04-2009 at 07:39 PM..

Old 11-05-2009, 03:49 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,677,562 times
Quote:
Gideon said, quite obviously that is your opinion, but I know it through experience, hence fact. You just have not been fortunate to have experienced it on many occasions. It is a fact of life. During the 70'S and 80's there was less racial divide, because the popular culture in music broke beariers down. Now we have the media bombarding the airwaves with hogwash that washes your miniscule brains. I know, many white people on here hate Latinos, Blacks, Chineese, and anything that has color. You may not realize it, but you have been programmed to do that. The power that be call this dividing and conquering the masses. THey know if they can keep people racially divided they can control us, fact. I can assure you one thing, those that are saying this is not true are white. We have a joke around here; the police are mostly all bald because they are skinheads.
PixiStix said, (what is up with that anyway?!) You have a problem. It's obvious with your posts (both here & the other threads). Saying crap over & over & over again does not make it a fact. There are many reasons a lot of cops shave their heads & it is NOT because they are all skinheads. Most are 1. Ex-military 2. They are shaved in the academy 3. It's a cop "look" (much like the military) & 4. Maybe they are going bald?! I could care less. Good grief...

You are so tunnelvisioned into believing all the cops, people in northern IN & the white population in general are all racist skinheads & out to get you. You know what, I'll give you a simple little piece of advice if where you live is so bad- MOVE! However, you apparently have a problem with white people in general so I really doubt you would be happy anywhere you go. Give it a rest.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiStix View Post
PixiStix said, (what is up with that anyway?!) You have a problem. It's obvious with your posts (both here & the other threads). Saying crap over & over & over again does not make it a fact. There are many reasons a lot of cops shave their heads & it is NOT because they are all skinheads. Most are 1. Ex-military 2. They are shaved in the academy 3. It's a cop "look" (much like the military) & 4. Maybe they are going bald?! I could care less. Good grief...

You are so tunnelvisioned into believing all the cops, people in northern IN & the white population in general are all racist skinheads & out to get you. You know what, I'll give you a simple little piece of advice if where you live is so bad- MOVE! However, you apparently have a problem with white people in general so I really doubt you would be happy anywhere you go. Give it a rest.
Gideon said, you are entitled to your own opinion as we all are. Certainly I said we joked about it; but in a real sense it is true with many. Hey let's face it, any one with sense hates pigs...They are Natzi Germany in the making. I have had senior police tell me this as well as many years of experience. The younger ones are trained differently and they already have a different mind set. My brother in law, a person of color, recently broke down in our hometown. Instead of the police asking to assist him, or call someone to pic him up, or even offer him a ride, they took him aside and began to search his car. Mind you, he is x military, clean cut, educated, sharp, and presented no suspision at all. All we could summize was he was a person of color. Hey most white people do not realize things as these because we do not experience them. They, the cops in my town are all white, and they should not be. As I said the demographics absolutely prove that. Eventually, they will be forced to first hire a black cop, imagine that. We have seen this pattern throughout NW, Indiana. It is a sad fact of life. I can name community after community where this pattern is present, but the demographics are diverse. You tell me, Do you think something is wrong with that picture? I call it racial control. BTW, I am white for your information. I am just willing to admit that we live in a segregated enviroment here in Indiana, in many communities. Throughout the mills we see clicks of racist, confederate flying goofballs that are stuck in the 50's. We see it in Chicago, yes in Chicago. So the roots are deeper than any would be willing to admit.

Last edited by Gideon7620; 11-05-2009 at 07:26 AM..

Old 11-05-2009, 08:32 AM

2,247 posts, read 7,026,443 times
Quote:
Indiana is where the KKK was founded, pretty near where I live, history has it
There were two incarnations of the Klan: one founded in Tennessee in 1865 and the other in Georgia in 1915. Neither was founded in Indiana.

There are so many things wrong with your other posts that I'm not even sure where to begin responding to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana