Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 12:22 PM

1,607 posts, read 2,014,477 times

Advertisements

There is no perfect place, but add me to the list of people that do NOT like it here

Old 02-16-2012, 02:22 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,512,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyaw View Post
There is no perfect place, but add me to the list of people that do NOT like it here
Good you complain to much.
When you complain and whine about everything and keep your mind closed and ignorant its kinda hard to show sympathy for being miserable.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:58 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,533,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Good you complain to much.
When you complain and whine about everything and keep your mind closed and ignorant its kinda hard to show sympathy for being miserable.
On the opposite end of the spectrum, some think you cheer too much.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
On the opposite end of the spectrum, some think you cheer too much.
Rather be happy and cheery than Sad and Dreary

Old 02-16-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashioncoach View Post
It is the place i haven't stayed any time , i hope i would staying there and enjoying there , a different place.
If your going to be visiting Indiana then check out Indianapolis during the 500 on Memorial Day weekend.
400,000 people pack Indy for the greatest racing event in the world

Old 02-27-2012, 02:26 PM

64 posts, read 138,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
When you find the perfect place let me know
I've been all over North and South America, and Indiana is still the BEST

Old 03-14-2012, 08:40 AM

1 posts, read 2,102 times
Best to start from post number one I guess.. BSL63087.

It all depends on your social status, perspectives, attitudes such as complacency, or how much of a fast lane do you wish to live in.

I've lived elsewhere and away during military service. Seems family illness and such always drug me back here. I'm old enough to have seen many changes in Indiana and especially Terrible Haute where I was born. I've been through the loss of many rights and freedoms others don't care about or may not concern them so they just let others get trampled on. We have a heavily censored media and special interest groups running wild like our modern government does over every aspect of our lives. It seems many here don't mind the corruption and nepotism that invades many communities especially Terrible Haute. The Constitution means nothing here seemingly from either political party, the special interest groups like animal rights fanatics, to police now wanting no-knock policies and no warrant searches of our homes and body. Actually to me it seems we have gone the way of a police state and with my many grievances have seen nothing but the corrupt protecting the corrupt and protecting the evil that be. The poor citizen is not afforded the media and legal aid like the city may have or what the many special interest groups have. I know I didn't notice all this being that bad anywhere else but then again I wasn't in tune or in that deep and knowledgeable about those other places. And didn't have the time to get involved really.

Few care, or can, or dare, look behind the facade any city puts out to the public. Many benefit from nepotism and corruption and the majority don't mind and are complacent. City people to college students or their universities like here in town think all should follow a city type lifestyle and bow to their demands and whims. So it boils down to what you can tolerate as well, and finding an area that suits your own lifestyle and wants. And the kind of people or communities you care to be around. But that too will change over the years like mine did. Like in mine they fear standing up to the negatives. Alot of hopelessness here. We turned primarily into a multiple college town and industry has flown out of here for years. I tried moving several years back because of the many negatives here now .. but the state and local boards.. would not allow me to sell my own property to businesses wanting to locate here. And local media will not dare run a story about it while the local politicians keep passing the buck and lying... and the locals here don't care a bit. Neighbors don't care about others like they used to. Crime is now high, and living here is pathetic. So good luck in finding a 'good spot' in Indiana or elsewhere in this new America. Seems like the grass being greener in other places are dying out as well.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:34 PM

6 posts, read 11,631 times
Everything in Indiana seems like its falling apart. They don't even have lights on that death-trap 20 Bypass. I've seen so many people turned over in ditches and dodging kamikaze deer on it, in the 6 months of my living out here. The house we're in now is like...someone tried to bandaid everything. Stuff is falling apart and everything is in disrepair and people don't want to work as hard out here, because they're getting slave wages. They say that Indiana is cheaper than Illinois. That's a load of crap. The only thing cheaper is rent/housing. You might not have to pay for vehicle stickers, or tax on new vehicles but you pay an insane fee for new plates on a new car. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of nice places to visit, but if I didn't have friends out here I wouldn't stay. They roll up the streets at 9:30-10 pm.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:02 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,533,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey_Slatraigh View Post
Everything in Indiana seems like its falling apart. They don't even have lights on that death-trap 20 Bypass. I've seen so many people turned over in ditches and dodging kamikaze deer on it, in the 6 months of my living out here. The house we're in now is like...someone tried to bandaid everything. Stuff is falling apart and everything is in disrepair and people don't want to work as hard out here, because they're getting slave wages. They say that Indiana is cheaper than Illinois. That's a load of crap. The only thing cheaper is rent/housing. You might not have to pay for vehicle stickers, or tax on new vehicles but you pay an insane fee for new plates on a new car. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of nice places to visit, but if I didn't have friends out here I wouldn't stay. They roll up the streets at 9:30-10 pm.
You live in Nappanee. They don't exactly do modern there. Have you not noticed all of the horses and buggies on the roads?

Not sure what you mean about no tax on new vehicles. Indiana most certainly charges sales tax on all vehicle sales.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey_Slatraigh View Post
lol Gasoline is definiately cheaper than Chicagoland.
Taxes and cost of living are 30% lower in Indianapolis than Chicago.
idk why you picked nappanee there are cities in Indiana way better than that. Even Elkhart is better.
Indianapolis>Fort Wayne>Northwest Indiana>Louisville suburbs in Indiana>Evansville>South Bend area. Thats a list of the best cities in Indiana in order.
Indianapolis is the state capital and fastest growing city in the midwest so its a no brainer its #1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana