U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-17-2010, 02:47 PM

3 posts, read 4,686 times

Advertisements

I have a great house for sale for anyone moving to Greensburg, IN. I love the house, however I'm getting married and moving to Columbus so I need to sell it soon. It's hard to understand because the house is VERY new (2 years old), yard and landscaping are great, house is like new clean, and I'm leaving all the appliances. It's a MUCH better deal then buying a brand new home where you need to work on the lawn, do landscaping, and buy appliances, however I haven't gotten many hits. Any hints to getting this thing to move?

Also, does anyone know of anybody looking for a great place to live in Greensburg? I'd make them a heck of a deal on the house.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 08:12 PM

5 posts, read 12,600 times
Are you willing to rent the house instead? If so, how much? Have you considered renting the house as payment toward purchasing the house? How much is your asking price?

The real estate market from what I hear is terrible right now. People are out of work and are homeless as the result. It might be the wrong time for you to sell the house right now.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:51 AM

3 posts, read 4,686 times
I actually might end up renting my house. I'd like to rent it for around 1000 or 1100 per month. It's a nice 3 bedroom home, I'm just really worried about it getting TRASHED when I rent it. It's in prestine condition right now...

I just can't believe no one is looking at a house to buy right now. For what I need in rent, you could EASILY buy this house.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:13 PM

5 posts, read 12,600 times
The rent is too high for me! However, renting is so much easier than buying the house and since you are the owner, then you get to pay the property taxes, insurance, fix up the house and you're right, being worried that the renter will trash the house. Maybe the renter can buy the house through paying monthly rent payments...I forget the term used for this situation. Talk to other people who have rented houses and apartments to get an idea of what to look for in a renter. My Uncle rents houses he owns in Evansville and has had little problem. Since the house is in prestine condition, set the lease according to the condition of the house and make certain the renter knows the penalities for trashing your nice house!

Did you like living in Greensburg, Indiana? I'm trying to get close to the Indiana/Cincinnati, Ohio border.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:03 AM

1 posts, read 490 times
My husband and I are looking to buy a home but we would like 4 bedrooms 2&1/2 bath, with full basement and few acres. We also would like to do a land contract. If you can help us out or know of anyone that can help let me know.

Thanks bunches!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana