Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2010, 05:42 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times

Advertisements

Hey all!
My husband just received a job offer in Kendallville IN. I have been there with him when he interviewed and it looks wonderful, however we are looking for short term leasing (6 to 9 months). Some of the local apartments look nice online but the reviews are not that great. Anyone know of Nelson Estates in Kendallville or Griswold Estates in Auburn.
We are middle aged with a pet and like I said just looking for safe, clean, with good property management. The move it going to be fast so we don't have a lot of time to search, and CD has never failed me yet.
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 07:37 PM

625 posts, read 1,810,994 times
First of all, I wouldn't consider Kendallville for apartments. The city size if approximately 13k. Any city that small doesn't have a lot of options. Are you looking at living in this area or is this a short term job for only nine months?

Honestly, I would make the commute from Fort Wayne everyday, for both of your enjoyment. SR 3 runs from the northern portion of Fort Wayne right into Kendallville. This highway is four lanes and very fast travel. It takes me about 15-20 minutes to get to kendallville from Fort Wayen, which is not bad at all. I even know of some good apartments in that area. Check out Reserve at Dawson's Creek, Avalon at Northbrook, Dupont Lakes, Island Club, Brandy Chase, and others. I check out Rent.com to see others nearby.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:06 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Thank you!
We will be living in Indiana with my hubby's job in Kendallville. We don't want to purchase a house from a distance, nor do we really have any idea which area we will choose to purchase in. We had one full day when he went to his interview to drive/look around. Hence my thought of just a temporary apartment for a period of time until we know what we want to do.
Kendallville looked nice, small and pretty crime free (hahahah what is that anymore), that is why I did not think about the quality of apartments just the thought that it seemed nice and I do honestly like small town living (lol, we live in Hoover AL right now, right below Birmingham.....not small town living.
Anyway thank you and I shall have to check out these apartments.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:42 PM

59 posts, read 259,020 times
I'm curious how the search is going. Kendallville is pretty cheap overall. I think the apartments are less cost effective than renting a house. Just be careful; Realtors are as dirty as they come in this part of the world. Anyone who disputes this also cannot be trusted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana