U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2010, 03:10 PM

26 posts, read 48,791 times

Advertisements

I'm currently a student at Ivy Tech, but eventually will have to transfer to a university in-order to get my Bachelor's in Business Adminstration.

I'm a little bit confused on which school would be better ISU or IUPUI.

I have visited ISU a couple of weeks ago, it was quite nice and I really liked the campus. However, I haven't visited IUPUI yet.

I know that IUPUI has a better business progarm, because of the Kelly degree from IU, "but" after I graduate from either university, the diploma will be 100% the same, because I will find an job overseas, not in the US.
Over all, I'm somehow leaning towards ISU more than IUPUI, because it is located in a smaller city(Terre Haute) than IUPUI(Indianapolis). I think of myself a small town boy, since I mostly lived all of my life in Bloomington. So yeah all in all that's why I liked ISU more, but IUPUI is still a big second choice rolling around my mind, because I think even though the diploma from either universities will be the same, I'll gain more business knowledge from IUPUI ( Kelly School of Business ).

Please share your comments.

Thanks in Advance.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 03:28 PM

914 posts, read 1,100,082 times
I would choose IUPUI .The size of the city should not matter only the quality of the education .Now if ISU is better or offers more to what you to do go there.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:11 PM

2,152 posts, read 9,654,873 times
Without a doubt, IUPUI.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:43 PM

437 posts, read 1,143,204 times
My first instinct would be IUPUI if you can handle the cost of living without your grades suffering. There are likely more internship opportunities in the city than in Terre Haute. If you do end up at ISU, it's a beautiful campus and has a fantastic staff.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:54 PM

Yeah you guys are right I totally agree with you, but like i said, after I graduate the bacherlors degree diploma will be 100% the same, because I will work outside the US.

Thanks anyways I really appreciete your comments.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:56 PM

8,013 posts, read 13,041,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker Fan 965 View Post
Yeah you guys are right I totally agree with you, but like i said, after I graduate the bacherlors degree diploma will be 100% the same, because I will work outside the US.
Even if you stay in the USA, the degrees are going to be virtually indistinguishable. If you prefer Terre Haute, go to Terre Haute. ISU is a good school.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:34 PM

936 posts, read 1,795,578 times
You might want to check with both schools and see what credits will transfer. I know Ivy Tech says credits will transfer, but sometimes they don't. I would probably base my decision on what credits will transfer. One thing good about ISU vs. IUPUI is that you ca live on campus at ISU. IUPUI is not in a great neighborhood, and I think you'd have trouble finding decent housing, or if you found decent housing, you'd have quite a commute.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:22 PM

Oh don't worry about the credits, because starting from this spring semester, I will have to make up my mind on which university will I transfer to, before I register to any class.

Thanks anyways

Old 09-22-2010, 06:13 AM

8,013 posts, read 13,041,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabe09 View Post
IUPUI is not in a great neighborhood,
Not true.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:02 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,844,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Even if you stay in the USA, the degrees are going to be virtually indistinguishable. If you prefer Terre Haute, go to Terre Haute. ISU is a good school.
That's untrue. Kelly Business School is recognized as one of the country's best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or