U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-14-2011, 02:04 PM

8 posts, read 13,115 times
Question Indoor pools in South Bend/Michiana?

Are there any indoor pools in South Bend/Michiana area? The YMCA's seem to have a strict schedule for open swims, and the only other indoor pools that I know of are in hotels. I'm a little sick of paying $70 for a swim at the Jameson haha

Soo..suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 02:11 PM

5,222 posts, read 7,556,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prayerfulhope View Post
Are there any indoor pools in South Bend/Michiana area? The YMCA's seem to have a strict schedule for open swims, and the only other indoor pools that I know of are in hotels. I'm a little sick of paying $70 for a swim at the Jameson haha

Soo..suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
I think Penn High school has a family swim night. I am somewhat new to the area so it is the only pool I can think of.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:02 PM

17,574 posts, read 24,233,244 times
how about:

Irish Masters Home Page

Old 02-16-2011, 07:21 AM

2,439 posts, read 5,827,875 times
Knollwood Country Club in Granger has an indoor pool. Not the cheapest option, but depending upon where you live and when you wanted to swim, it might be the most convenient. The swim team uses the pool in the late afternoon, but otherwise there is always at least one (of four) lanes open for lap swimmers. And there are two outdoor pools as well.

Memorial Fitness Center downtown has an indoor pool. Memorial Health & Lifestyle Center - Facilities

Mishawaka High School has a pretty nice pool, and there may be open swim times there.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,081 times
You may have found out about this by now, but how about the Kroc Center in south Bend ? See the link below and Happy Swimming! You don't have to be a member and it's really affordable...
http://www.mykroc.org/_downloads/PG_...Summer2013.pdf

Old 02-24-2013, 05:53 AM

2 posts, read 3,626 times
Elkhart has an indoor swimming school off of the US 20 bypass.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:21 PM

1 posts, read 431 times
I am very interested in swimming. I have to have double knee r er placement surgery but must lose weight first. I need to use a pool 2 to 3 times a week and can do anytime day or night. If you know of anywhere please email me at [email]deb_woodruff@yahoo.com[/email] or callat 574 292 2590 . Mishawaka but willing to drive. Can pay but cannot afford large membership fee. It would be for my roomate and myself

Old 07-21-2014, 06:25 AM

2,219 posts, read 1,250,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb woodruff123 View Post
I am very interested in swimming. I have to have double knee r er placement surgery but must lose weight first. I need to use a pool 2 to 3 times a week and can do anytime day or night. If you know of anywhere please email me at deb_woodruff@yahoo.com or callat 574 292 2590 . Mishawaka but willing to drive. Can pay but cannot afford large membership fee. It would be for my roomate and myself
You really should not post your e-mail address and definitely shouldn't post your phone number in a public internet forum. Maybe the mods can delete them?

Anyway, I doubt you'll be back to check this but as mentioned before, check out the Y. If you can go at any time, then you can work around their open swim schedule. And usually fees for the Y depend on your financial status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana