Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 10:40 PM

231 posts, read 698,055 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone

Which Machine Shops in Indiana have the best reputation?
Longevity, Quality, High Product Distribution, Large number of employees and Nets over a Million. I want to move back to Indiana as soon as possible, but I need to know what top quality Machine Shops are in Indiana and what area there in, for my husband. I'm in the Healthcare field, so a job for me would be easy enough to find. He's a CNC Machinist, with 17yrs of experiance. He's worked on all kinds of machines (Mills & Lathes). I know he likes a machine named Morea Seiki(sorry, I'm sure I spelled that wrong) and he's very picky.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 07:31 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,708,011 times
Try the East Chicago area, as well as the far South side of Chicago. I'm not familiar with machine shops in Gary. My ex used to work for Inland in East Chicago so I know there are many there.

He may want to check in to employment at Inland, they are EC's biggest employer.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:35 AM

17,763 posts, read 39,573,247 times
Wasn't Inland bought by Ispat, then bought by Mittal???

Old 08-06-2007, 07:01 PM

Hello,
Thanks for your info, but I really-really don't want to live in Northern IN...sorry. I'm looking for more around the Indy area and it's outskirts...agian thank you.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:52 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,708,011 times
[quote=domergurl;1193000]Wasn't Inland bought by Ispat, then bought by Mittal???[/QUOTE

Yes, Inland has changed hands again. I refer to it by its original name when I lived in NW Indiana. sorry

Old 08-30-2007, 06:12 PM

Hello agian,
Hmmmmm.....I take it there are not alot of people who work in Machine shops that come to this forum or maybe there are not alot of Machine Shops in Indiana...jeesh who knows.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:10 PM

20 posts, read 91,211 times
If your husband is a experienced CNC mill operator he should have NO problem finding employment in the Indy area! Look on the west side, around Brownsburg, they have C.F.Roark Engineering in the town which is a world class firm ,and is a Major hub for professional drag racing,open wheel and sprint car racing teams. They have built a business park specifically for these teams and ALL the major players are moving there. There should not be any problem with him or you finding employment there. Brownsburg has become a nice community and has decent schools and church's and is outside the hustle and bustle of Indy. It is far away enough to be rural and close enough to be able to shop.
Any of the the Hendricks county east community's. Plainfield, Avon, Danville are nice.He should have next to no problem finding employment in his field and should be in high demand. The best thing for him to do is to post his resume on line now, and see what kind of query's he receives.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timincal View Post
If your husband is a experienced CNC mill operator he should have NO problem finding employment in the Indy area! Look on the west side, around Brownsburg, they have C.F.Roark Engineering in the town which is a world class firm ,and is a Major hub for professional drag racing,open wheel and sprint car racing teams. They have built a business park specifically for these teams and ALL the major players are moving there. There should not be any problem with him or you finding employment there. Brownsburg has become a nice community and has decent schools and church's and is outside the hustle and bustle of Indy. It is far away enough to be rural and close enough to be able to shop.
Any of the the Hendricks county east community's. Plainfield, Avon, Danville are nice.He should have next to no problem finding employment in his field and should be in high demand. The best thing for him to do is to post his resume on line now, and see what kind of query's he receives.
Thanks for the info...it's greatly appreciated. I'm looking into now...Thanks again!

Old 02-16-2008, 08:48 AM

1 posts, read 6,387 times
There is a good sized mchine shop in Indianapolis called Major Tool & Machine. It has a web site. Major Tool and Machine - World Class Manufacturing Solutions.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:55 PM

91 posts, read 314,897 times
ChickeyDuck,
There are plenty of Machine Shops in Columbus, IN. Some of their names are:

Touchdown Machine Shop
Boyer Machine Shop
Turner Machining Specialties
Indiana Custom Machining
NC Tool Machine
Quality Machine & Tool Works
Creative Tool & Machining
Exact Engineering & Machining, Inc
K & L Machining
I do not know how many of these shops Net 1 Million but I am sure you could find out this information by contacting them. You can find them on White Pages Phone Directory with Free People Search
Your husband can also apply to the Local factories that have CNC Machining positions available. Columbus is always looking for Machinists. I used to work at a mold shop so I know there is always a need for machinist.

If you need anymore information from me I will be glad to help.
JulieL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana