Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 12:57 PM

15 posts, read 148,176 times

Advertisements

hi,

I am a student who has been admitted to Computer Science Departmentof, University of Notre Dame, and I want to know whether it is a good idea to attend this Catholic University. How about the job prospect after graduation?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 01:08 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,099,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndwm View Post
hi,

I am a student who has been admitted to Computer Science Departmentof, University of Notre Dame, and I want to know whether it is a good idea to attend this Catholic University. How about the job prospect after graduation?

Thanks in advance!
From an outsider looking in Notre Dame has lost it's luster. Most people think of that stink box as a football program. Used to be a big fan until I saw exactly how the university treats the human race. The place is a fraud, racist and liars.

Just recently they had an terrible accident at ND High Wind Warning was isssued and pretty much the decision makers did not make a wise decision bottom line the poor kid lost his life. Take a look Google it all you want.

This in combination of the rape allegations too many to list is sick.

Avoid the university there are many other great schools besides this school that sits in a freaking cornfield in no place south bend , IN

Go anywhere but ND
Take a deep look for yourself. It's a joke - all it ever was -
At one time a long long long time ago a football school
mind you that was now 30 years ago.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
From an outsider looking in Notre Dame has lost it's luster. Most people think of that stink box as a football program. Used to be a big fan until I saw exactly how the university treats the human race. The place is a fraud, racist and liars.

Just recently they had an terrible accident at ND High Wind Warning was isssued and pretty much the decision makers did not make a wise decision bottom line the poor kid lost his life. Take a look Google it all you want.

This in combination of the rape allegations too many to list is sick.

Avoid the university there are many other great schools besides this school that sits in a freaking cornfield in no place south bend , IN

Go anywhere but ND
Take a deep look for yourself. It's a joke - all it ever was -
At one time a long long long time ago a football school
mind you that was now 30 years ago.
First of all, thank you for your reply!

But only this University and another University from Virginia offer me financial assistance!

Is it overemphasized that ND is a liar? The endowment of UND is about 5.52 billion USD, which is much higher than that of some other universities, say Purdue, University of Virginia, etc.

By the way, I am a fanatic fan of baseball rather than football.

Last edited by ndwm; 04-29-2011 at 02:59 PM..

Old 04-29-2011, 02:32 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times
I would like to point out that not everyone is going to share the negative opinion of sunnyandcloudydays. Notre Dame attracts a lot of haters and detractors, this comes with the territory of being an elite school. Most people think highly of Notre Dame. The incident with the kid's death is terrible:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-notredame-accident (broken link)

Notre Dame spreads blame in death of student videographer - NCAA Football - SI.com

However, Notre Dame is still a very strong school academically. There are enough domer backers on this forum that I will not defend it any further.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
I would like to point out that not everyone is going to share the negative opinion of sunnyandcloudydays. Notre Dame attracts a lot of haters and detractors, this comes with the territory of being an elite school. Most people think highly of Notre Dame. The incident with the kid's death is terrible:

Notre Dame using old weather info day student died - College Football - Rivals.com (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-notredame-accident - broken link)

Notre Dame spreads blame in death of student videographer - NCAA Football - SI.com

However, Notre Dame is still a very strong school academically. There are enough domer backers on this forum that I will not defend it any further.
Thank you for your thorough analysis and the links which provide me with some useful information about UND. All kinds of comments are welcome.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:01 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
UVA and ND are "can't go wrong with either" places.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:27 PM

625 posts, read 1,810,033 times
Please don't listen to sunnyandcloudydays. I'm not sure where his/her comments are coming from, but they must have a heavy hatred toward Notre Dame. Bottom line: if you have a Notre Dame degree, it will definitely get you somewhere. Maybe not right away, but believe me: it is definitely still an elite school. The city of South Bend is not terrible, but it is somewhat small. The neighboring city of Mishawaka is great for shopping. Also, check out Eddy St. Commons in South Bend. It is a new development that is gaining interest within the city and will probably expand soon. Good luck in your choice!

Old 05-01-2011, 11:22 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
I agree.

I say visit both and see which on fits YOU.

ND has gotten a lot of bad press, deservedly so. They hold themselves to be better than most universities and the reality is that they aren't much different from most other petri dishes where men and women are mixed together unsupervised.

The Declan Sullivan tragedy is wholly on Brian Kelly ... but that wouldn't make me say that one shouldn't pursue an academic degree at ND.

UVA has one of the toughest honor systems in the country. But again, it's about being honest and working hard ... just as you would be expected to at ND.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:09 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
UVA and ND are "can't go wrong with either" places.
And there it is!

Old 05-02-2011, 06:38 PM

121 posts, read 336,466 times
In regards to your job prospect question, here is a nice snapshot of what the 2010 undergraduate class of Notre Dame pursued after graduation.

Future Plans Data // Career Center // University of Notre Dame
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana