Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 10:45 PM

36 posts, read 164,500 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about Goshen? What is it near? Is it culturally diverse? Is it boring? Is there a Level I Trauma Center nearby? How are the schools?
Is it expensive? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2007, 06:13 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
I just watched a film that was filmed entirely in Goshen, Cromwell and Ligonier called Lonesome Jim. You could see what the place looks like if you watch it.

When I grew up in Bremen, Goshen was nice. Lots of folks working in the RV industry. Good schools, lots of Amish (be careful of buggys and horse drawn carts). This was the 80's. I understand now that there is a gang problem there. I hope they are addressing the issues with that because I always remember Goshen as a big athletic rival, not a crime area.

Here are the stats:

http://www.city-data.com/city/Goshen-Indiana.html

The only level 1 trauma centers in Indiana are located in Indinapolis.

Old 08-11-2007, 11:18 AM

36 posts, read 164,500 times
THank you i appreciate that

Old 09-04-2007, 11:32 AM

2 posts, read 12,472 times
It is called "Little Mexico" and that is not a compliment. If you like Mexicans, gangs, crime, etc. you will feel right at home.

Old 09-04-2007, 03:45 PM

Goshen is like that now?? You're kidding right???

Old 09-05-2007, 05:52 AM

3 posts, read 14,468 times
[LEFT]http://www.city-data.com/city/Goshen-Indiana.html

Races in Goshen:
  • White Non-Hispanic (76.7%)
  • Hispanic (19.3%)
  • Other race (12.0%)
  • Two or more races (1.9%)
  • Black (1.5%)
  • American Indian (0.6%)
[/LEFT]
I'm not sure but I believe these numbers are from the 2000 census and of course they don't include Hispanic illegals since they are never counted. You can therefore double the number of Hispanics for a more accurate assessment.

If you log in to the Elkhart Truth online every day you it will give you an oversight of present day Goshen:

eTruth.com

Old 10-08-2007, 06:30 AM

1 posts, read 8,957 times
I.ve lived in Goshen since 1983 and I have seen a big change from good to bad over the years. I feel the problems are caused by the illegal immigrants that the big business owners have brought in. Goshen's population is over 33,000 with about 1/3 being hispanic and half of that number are illegal which would be over 5000 illegals. These numbers have come from the mouths of the city council, so they know who is breaking laws. Hopefully a new Mayor will change things or more whites will be leaving, that is why Middlebury is growing.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:11 PM

1 posts, read 8,850 times
Default illegals in goshen

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Goshen is like that now?? You're kidding right???
i lived in goshen, and have relatives there still. they can tell you what a hell hole this little piece of america has turned into. gangs, violence, poverty and few jobs as the owner of the factories and religious zelots advertise near the mexican border on billboards to come to goshen, take jobs americans used to do at wages far lower since the illegals don't whine about it. car lots depend on illegals for sales, so guess who is no longer undocumented? same here in fla. the illegals have all kinds of documentation, just none of it legit. hope you didn't want to have a fair election either.

Old 12-28-2007, 03:37 PM

There are billboards advertising to come to Goshen? I'd love to see a picture of one!

Old 12-28-2007, 05:57 PM

260 posts, read 1,346,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot Wallace View Post
[LEFT]http://www.city-data.com/city/Goshen-Indiana.html

Races in Goshen:
  • White Non-Hispanic (76.7%)
  • Hispanic (19.3%)
  • Other race (12.0%)
  • Two or more races (1.9%)
  • Black (1.5%)
  • American Indian (0.6%)
[/LEFT]
I'm not sure but I believe these numbers are from the 2000 census and of course they don't include Hispanic illegals since they are never counted. You can therefore double the number of Hispanics for a more accurate assessment.

If you log in to the Elkhart Truth online every day you it will give you an oversight of present day Goshen:

eTruth.com
almost %20 Hispanic???That has to be the highest percentage area in Indiana???? Anyone know of one higher???

I have no problems with Hispanics or any other race, but the illegals (no matter what ethnicity) is a different problem. If these comments about goshen are true, than there is prime example of the problems induced / created by illegal immigration...it's sad if true (and at this point, I have little reason to not believe it)

And Domergurl, I Imagine the sign reads "Bienvenido! Goshen Indiana! Ciudad de Opertunidad! Vamose!" (Welcome Goshen Indiana! City of Opportunity! Let's Go!) P.S. Don't forget to tip your coyote's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana