Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 05:06 PM

251 posts, read 951,226 times

Advertisements

Agreed, but I just wanted to point out that just because a state is right to work it does not mean it will be a poorer state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 06:44 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,535,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by witton View Post
Agreed, but I just wanted to point out that just because a state is right to work it does not mean it will be a poorer state.
I didn't state as such. That said, there are a good number of states near the top of that list that are not right-to-work. Like I said in my original post, the issue is a red herring. There are other factors at play in determining the financial/economic health of a state's residents.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:31 PM

323 posts, read 529,106 times
[b][quote=domergurl;[/B]
As far as the unions becoming part of the democratic party ... You all do understand that it happened for a reason right? if the republican party gave a hoot about the working people or the middle class, you wouldn't have that situation. now does that make it right? 'm not saying that at all ... But one must see the history behind the current situation. Just being fair and balanced here .

So true - it is so amazing how people forget or don't take the time to gain the knowledge from historical documented facts not emotional facts, especially as it relates to politics

Old 08-05-2011, 07:45 PM

323 posts, read 529,106 times
quote=grmasterb;

Per capita personal income and wages are not exactly the same thing.

So true - and for a state like VA, you have to factor end that the northern VA area has always had higher income versus the rest of the state due to being in the backyard of D.C.

Othr areas of the state are significantly lower.

Old 08-08-2011, 04:03 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,078,282 times
No wonder the unions are going nuts, their big money jobs are at risk. Look how much some ISTA folks got paid:

Indiana Barrister » Blog Archive » Interesting ISTA Reading

Umm, maybe I will support a 5% income hike on household incomes above $100K/year?

Old 08-08-2011, 05:55 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,513,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy_317 View Post
No wonder the unions are going nuts, their big money jobs are at risk. Look how much some ISTA folks got paid:

Indiana Barrister » Blog Archive » Interesting ISTA Reading

Umm, maybe I will support a 5% income hike on household incomes above $100K/year?

Na cause the problem with taxing the rich is somehow the government considers small businesses owners like me to be rich when A we dont own a big mansion and sometimes were trying to make ends meat. Being anti-rich will eventually backfire and the economy will crumble cause the rich people and small businesses just leave. if you are jealous of the rich heres an idea go back to college become a business owner lol.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:13 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Na cause the problem with taxing the rich is somehow the government considers small businesses owners like me to be rich when A we dont own a big mansion and sometimes were trying to make ends meat. Being anti-rich will eventually backfire and the economy will crumble cause the rich people and small businesses just leave. if you are jealous of the rich heres an idea go back to college become a business owner lol.
I think the issue stems from those that get tax breaks that are bringing in milllions a year. I don't want to see taxes increase on small business owners bringing in good income. Too many tax loopholes for the super rich to take advantage of. That is part of the reason we have the revenue problem. Of course we also have a variety of ways to continue to reduce spending as well..

Old 08-08-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I think the issue stems from those that get tax breaks that are bringing in milllions a year. I don't want to see taxes increase on small business owners bringing in good income. Too many tax loopholes for the super rich to take advantage of. That is part of the reason we have the revenue problem. Of course we also have a variety of ways to continue to reduce spending as well..
Correct thats why after the republicans take control of the senate and WH in 2012 i want to see them pass a flat rate no loophole tax reform. Corporate income tax at the federal level will be reduced to 25% with no loopholes (GE paying 0 taxes is BS) Personal income tax is flat rate 10%. Every working american should be paying taxes if you arent working and your on welfare you should be given 2 years after this economy is better to find a job or get deported.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:05 PM

815 posts, read 2,998,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
The biggest problem with the "soak the rich" taxes is that it rarely soaks the truly wealthy. These types of schemes (yes schemes) always manage to soak small business and people that are hardly wealthy. Middle class in many cases.

Why, because the people who end up paying these taxes are the ones without tax accountants, the time to deal with the nonsense and don't know the loopholes. These are the people many think are wealthy but they really aren't.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richb View Post
The biggest problem with the "soak the rich" taxes is that it rarely soaks the truly wealthy. These types of schemes (yes schemes) always manage to soak small business and people that are hardly wealthy. Middle class in many cases.

Why, because the people who end up paying these taxes are the ones without tax accountants, the time to deal with the nonsense and don't know the loopholes. These are the people many think are wealthy but they really aren't.

Percisely what i was saying. im a small business owner and i cant afford an accountant lol. Flat rate tax with no loopholes is the best way out of this debt issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana