Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 10:40 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside Shrek View Post
Domergurl
I fully agree with you. Even uttering the word 'liberal' can cause a flurry of criticism in many parts of the Hoosier state, and can get you branded as a 'Leftie; 'Frenchy', 'Godless enemy', etc. Religion mixes into politics here in a big way and that's just a general fact of life.
I get "communist" a lot ... unfortunately, most Hoosiers don't know what communism is.

Old 09-14-2006, 10:46 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,152,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I get "communist" a lot ... unfortunately, most Hoosiers don't know what communism is.

LOL if you mentioned the name John Kerry during the last presidential election campaign, a lot of Hoosiers would definitely think you're a Godless Commie traitor. I heard several say "How can you be a Christian and vote for John Kerry?'

well, I'd like to think I am a Christian and that I am not going to burn in hell just because I voted for Kerry. I also convinced my wife to cast her vote for Kerry and that took a lot of persuading. Believe it or not, 2 years later and she's glad that she did.

here we go deep into politics and get ready for the bombardment.

Old 09-14-2006, 11:18 AM

Quote:
LOL if you mentioned the name John Kerry during the last presidential election campaign, a lot of Hoosiers would definitely think you're a Godless Commie traitor. I heard several say "How can you be a Christian and vote for John Kerry?'

well, I'd like to think I am a Christian and that I am not going to burn in hell just because I voted for Kerry. I also convinced my wife to cast her vote for Kerry and that took a lot of persuading. Believe it or not, 2 years later and she's glad that she did.

here we go deep into politics and get ready for the bombardment.
I'm shuttin' up now!

Old 09-14-2006, 11:57 AM

439 posts, read 721,417 times
Domergirl

You sound like a wonderful person- with great insight. Indiana should feel gifted with your presence. Greetings from Connecticut.

Old 09-14-2006, 11:59 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,152,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragondog View Post
Domergirl

You sound like a wonderful person- with great insight. Indiana should feel gifted with your presence. Greetings from Connecticut.
yes, Indiana is blessed to have Domergurl and I hope she runs for office.

here come da Swiftboats!!!

Last edited by Southside Shrek; 09-14-2006 at 12:18 PM..

Old 09-14-2006, 12:48 PM

Quote:
yes, Indiana is blessed to have Domergurl and I hope she runs for office.

here come da Swiftboats!!!

Aw shucks! I will tell you one thing, if I would run for governor, I would be honored to move into the governor's mansion!

Old 09-14-2006, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragondog View Post
Domergirl

And a Hoosier howdy back at ya!

Old 09-14-2006, 12:55 PM

12 posts, read 34,291 times
Wow! I have been enlightened! As I was reading the posts on this forum I could hardly wait to see what was written next. Thank you for keeping me on the edge of my seat! At first I was scared to death and then I was laughing hysterically! I am always told what a "people person" I am and so started to worry if I was going to be an outcast~ maybe the Hoosiers wouldn't like me seeing that I don't care for George dubbya. Then I thought oh no I just traded in my escalade for a DTS will I not "fit in" ? As I pave the way for my middle years & eventually the so called golden years I can't imagine living in my home state of MA. ($$) I have chosen IN for a few reasons but one of those being that it so reminds me of MA 20 years ago! Thank you all for your honesty, I just love them Hoosiers!

Old 09-14-2006, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekor8r View Post
Wow! I have been enlightened! As I was reading the posts on this forum I could hardly wait to see what was written next. Thank you for keeping me on the edge of my seat! At first I was scared to death and then I was laughing hysterically! I am always told what a "people person" I am and so started to worry if I was going to be an outcast~ maybe the Hoosiers wouldn't like me seeing that I don't care for George dubbya. Then I thought oh no I just traded in my escalade for a DTS will I not "fit in" ? As I pave the way for my middle years & eventually the so called golden years I can't imagine living in my home state of MA. ($$) I have chosen IN for a few reasons but one of those being that it so reminds me of MA 20 years ago! Thank you all for your honesty, I just love them Hoosiers!

And we love you! Well the smart ones do anyway.

Old 10-22-2006, 04:21 AM

3 posts, read 9,424 times
Default Noooooope

Nope, you will be really disappointed. I'm at this site looking for a liberal city in which to move. I committed a crime 7 years ago, Indiana is the only state in the U.S in which the crime I committed or didn't commit would be a felony and I was never sentenced to one day in jail. I've been unable to find a job or keep one since and this year a law was passed to keep me from voting for a mistake I made 7 years ago. Next, illegal immigrants will be voting, we have enough to go around. I once sold firearms at Wal-Mart and they could buy a rifle with a green card. I'm now on disability since I have PTSD from the military, but also live in the only state in the U.S in which I don't automatically qualify for Medicaid and still have to pay $85 a week in child support though my daughter is receiving $575 a month from my disability. Housing and cost of living is very inexpensive and you will not be disappointed compared to Mass. It is so low because nobody wants to live here. If my daughter wasn't living here, I'd been gone a long time ago. I was born and raised in Indiana, lived in many cities and graduated from college. We also have the largest brain drain of any state, number one with overweight women and in the top 5 in the number of smokers. I have to go, God is back on the radio, time for the Mellencamp CD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana