Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2007, 12:05 PM

645 posts, read 1,538,346 times

Advertisements

The opening day of Dove season is Sept 1st, and I need a place to hunt around the Columbus area, preferably south of Columbus.

I have been hunting for almost 30 years, am a safe hunter, and respectful of the property owner. Very willing to share part of any potential harvest as a gesture of appreciation. If you have agricultural land with Doves, or know someone who does and don't mind a hunter on the property, I would be grateful to receive an email, or a direct message from you. Contact information can be found in my profile.

Thank you very much!

P.S. Please no negative replies about this legal activity here. If you do not like hunting, please add your thoughts at a more appropriate venue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 01:41 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Looks like Patoka Lake, Atterbury & Lake Monroe are your best bets down here ...

5 Public-Land Dove Hotspots

Just don't go with Dick Cheney!

Old 08-20-2007, 05:56 PM

Thanks DG for the help.

I have been to simmilar public hunting places, and for the first few days it's a war zone! I hope someone can come through with a quiet, low pressure, safe private area. None the less, again I thank you.

OT, but everytime I think of Northern Exposure it makes me smile. What a fantastic mix of great acting, story line and music. When it left the air, I can honestly think of no other show since that I have liked, let alone as well. I love anything that had Adam, and especially liked the episodes involving Maurice with the Austrian clock technician, and the Guarneri del Gesù violin. Whew, I can't believe what passes for TV today and how long NX has been gone.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:07 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Here's a city girl question ... do you eat the doves? I've met people down here who eat squirrel. I don't know about that.

Yea, Northern Exposure was the best. I tivo it in HD now so I can catch up. Seeing Rick's satellite fused coffin roll down the aisle and Maggie's piano being flung in HD makes it even funnier.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Here's a city girl question ... do you eat the doves?
Absolutely! They offer great sport and a great meal. I'm a responsible hunter, and eat what I harvest.

Some folks like them bacon wrapped, I like them braised in white wine with carrots/celery/onions (mirepoix) and served over wild rice. Absolutely fantastic, and even my daughter has enjoyed them since she was very young. I butterfly the breasts, and many would not know it from a commercial cut of meat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
View detailed profiles of: