Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 06:51 PM

3 posts, read 5,070 times

Advertisements

So I'm getting ready to go back to school, and landed in good old fortwayne!

My question is how is the nightlife there? Any good bars, restaurants, things to do really...Pieres is about the only bar I've been to in the fort other than that what do you all like to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 12:14 PM

98 posts, read 208,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianaboy View Post
So I'm getting ready to go back to school, and landed in good old fortwayne!

My question is how is the nightlife there? Any good bars, restaurants, things to do really...Pieres is about the only bar I've been to in the fort other than that what do you all like to do?
Zambuca's on Jefferson isn't that bad. Broadripple on off of Clinton is OK...but has a younger crowd. The Neon Armadillo is good for country....and that's about it. There are some clubs that have a mostly minority clientele, but they are small and usually only promising for the locals.

As far as bars: Buckets on Jefferson, Dupont Bar Bar & Grill has its moments and there are a few other places on The Landing downtown (Columbia Street).

Fort Wayne is VERY slow and the bad economy isn't helping.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:45 PM

202 posts, read 763,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmx66 View Post
Zambuca's on Jefferson isn't that bad. Broadripple on off of Clinton is OK...but has a younger crowd. The Neon Armadillo is good for country....and that's about it. There are some clubs that have a mostly minority clientele, but they are small and usually only promising for the locals.

As far as bars: Buckets on Jefferson, Dupont Bar Bar & Grill has its moments and there are a few other places on The Landing downtown (Columbia Street).

Fort Wayne is VERY slow and the bad economy isn't helping.
And yet the city continues to grow and more and more businesses are opening downtown. You either only go to the same spots whenever you leave your house, go places with your eyes closed, or have not been to Fort Wayne in 6 years.

To answer the OP's question, there are bars everywhere. I am not a club person but I know people have fun at Flashbacks, Thirsty Camel, and there is a gay club Babylon that people say gets crazy. It isn't a club, but I know quite a few people go to the Brass Rail on Broadway to hear live music, mostly rock stuff.

What kind of nightlife are you looking for specifically?

Old 10-18-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainiac138 View Post
And yet the city continues to grow and more and more businesses are opening downtown. You either only go to the same spots whenever you leave your house, go places with your eyes closed, or have not been to Fort Wayne in 6 years.

To answer the OP's question, there are bars everywhere. I am not a club person but I know people have fun at Flashbacks, Thirsty Camel, and there is a gay club Babylon that people say gets crazy. It isn't a club, but I know quite a few people go to the Brass Rail on Broadway to hear live music, mostly rock stuff.

What kind of nightlife are you looking for specifically?
Actually, I go all over Fort Wayne and I have lived here for about 9 years. The economy here is terrible (GM would have closed had the union not accepted their recent contract) and there are far more "For Lease" signs around here than there were two years.

Also, feel free to name a major business that has relocated to Fort Wayne in the past five years that pays more than $10 an hour on average and employs more than 10-20 people at the most (not including the staff they relocated with them?) Or why even the nicest neighborhoods in Fort Wayne have more than a few "For Sale" or foreclosure signs in their yards?

Wouldn't have been easier to simply point out the places that I might have left out rather than to attempt score points? I didn't make Fort Wayne the money loser that it is; the city that on its own.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:57 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,513,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmx66 View Post
Actually, I go all over Fort Wayne and I have lived here for about 9 years. The economy here is terrible (GM would have closed had the union not accepted their recent contract) and there are far more "For Lease" signs around here than there were two years.

Also, feel free to name a major business that has relocated to Fort Wayne in the past five years that pays more than $10 an hour on average and employs more than 10-20 people at the most (not including the staff they relocated with them?) Or why even the nicest neighborhoods in Fort Wayne have more than a few "For Sale" or foreclosure signs in their yards?

Wouldn't have been easier to simply point out the places that I might have left out rather than to attempt score points? I didn't make Fort Wayne the money loser that it is; the city that on its own.
Having a Negative Attitude like that against FW or any city is what drags the city down.
Can the Negative Attitude.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Having a Negative Attitude like that against FW or any city is what drags the city down.
Can the Negative Attitude.
I didn't create the problems in this city so my "attitude" will do nothing to alleviate them. And I didn't come for a useless Internet argument. I pointed out what was going on in Fort Wayne. Period.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:20 PM

625 posts, read 1,810,994 times
HTFx Inc. added 300 jobs, Nemcomed added 60 jobs, Pyromation Inc. added 39 jobs, Long Term Investments adding 123 jobs, the health care industry is booming here, GM has stayed here, which is EXCELLENT to say the least. Franklin Electric is moving their HQ here, Frontier Communications added 300 jobs, General Mills is building a distribution center here, Davita Inc adding 30 jobs, Edy's Ice Cream adding 120 jobs, LH Medical Corp adding 60 jobs, Trelleborg Sealing Solutions adding 46 jobs and revamping their HQ, the medical or retirement centers popping up. ALL IN THE LAST YEAR. That is just what I can remember.

Yeah, I guess you're right, not a lot is going on here. NOTHING

Old 10-19-2011, 03:32 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,513,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdr18 View Post
HTFx Inc. added 300 jobs, Nemcomed added 60 jobs, Pyromation Inc. added 39 jobs, Long Term Investments adding 123 jobs, the health care industry is booming here, GM has stayed here, which is EXCELLENT to say the least. Franklin Electric is moving their HQ here, Frontier Communications added 300 jobs, General Mills is building a distribution center here, Davita Inc adding 30 jobs, Edy's Ice Cream adding 120 jobs, LH Medical Corp adding 60 jobs, Trelleborg Sealing Solutions adding 46 jobs and revamping their HQ, the medical or retirement centers popping up. ALL IN THE LAST YEAR. That is just what I can remember.

Ya i don't live in Fort Wayne i only visit once in awile but i watch InsideIndianabusiness and Fort Wayne comes up quite a bit.
So obiviously theres stuff going on.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:46 PM

202 posts, read 763,166 times
Quote:

I've heard Lincoln is going to add 50-90 new jobs since they acquired the rights to open annuity contracts through Primerica.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:59 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,606,274 times
Quote:

I'm not discounting what you're saying, but this is pretty much all the major hiring this whole year, which really isn't great. Especially considering Navistar is leaving. Also, aren't the Frontier jobs just people that had worked at Verizon before they left?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana