U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Would it be better....
to move and let this go to court? 0 0%
to stay and suffer it out for another year? 0 0%
to look into transferring properties with the same agent? 0 0%
to pay the $4000 lease breaking fee? 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 12:27 PM

1 posts, read 412 times

Advertisements

My current lease is up on February 1, 2012. My rent is paid in full until then. As of December 1, 2011 the leasing company automatically renewed my lease for another year (until Feb 2013). I just found out that my leasing company does not have a application on file for me, and I will not be approved based on the application, but since I am already in a lease, she will not terminate me. I want to move asap. I do NOT want to be stuck in that property for another year. We pay WAY more than the apartment is worth monthly. Is there a way that I can prevent being automatically renewed into another year lease? Should I file the application and be denied and then evicted? HELP please!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 01:06 PM

2,082 posts, read 2,894,862 times
It really is not possible for anyone to accurately answer your question without seeing the lease. Each lease may contain different terms.

Having said that, typically a lease will have some sort of clause that answers the question as to how a lease is renewed and who can do that. Often it might state that the renter needs to give some sort of notice of intent to renew or the landlord needs to do something. Look for any clauses about the "term" of the lease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana