Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 11:12 PM

14 posts, read 73,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn247 View Post
I grew up in Lafayette. I am sure things have changed since I left in 1973.....but there is a wonderful page on fa*ce*boo*k and I think people would give you honest answers. The page is:

Lafayette/West Lafayette Nostalgia - Do You Remember
Thanks! I will check that out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside Shrek View Post
I believe that is a water facility.
Interesting. Thanks for the help!

Old 02-19-2012, 12:14 PM

145 posts, read 320,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside Shrek View Post
In my opinion, No except for some restaurants. When the Tipecanoe Shopping Mall was built that pretty much took almost all the retail business away from downtown.
I agree. I think you want to live in downtown Lafayette because you think you have plenty of places to walk to and things to do without a car. You will be extremely disappointed. I don't think you want to hear this but your best bet is to live as close to the University as you can and then your husband can walk or take the bus to campus. This would leave you with the car. The WL schools are some of the best in the state. Why would you want to enroll your child in the Lafayette schools? There used to be houses on campus that Purdue would rent out to grad students and facility for 2 years. These houses are on campus and many are small but the rent used to be really cheap. I would try to look into that option. Columbian Park is coming back but it is still not that great.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whereshome View Post
I agree. I think you want to live in downtown Lafayette because you think you have plenty of places to walk to and things to do without a car. You will be extremely disappointed. I don't think you want to hear this but your best bet is to live as close to the University as you can and then your husband can walk or take the bus to campus. This would leave you with the car. The WL schools are some of the best in the state. Why would you want to enroll your child in the Lafayette schools? There used to be houses on campus that Purdue would rent out to grad students and facility for 2 years. These houses are on campus and many are small but the rent used to be really cheap. I would try to look into that option. Columbian Park is coming back but it is still not that great.

Thanks for the tip that downtown is maybe not what I think it will be. Now we are looking at living close to campus. I'll start a new thread when we narrow it down some more. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!

Old 02-20-2012, 02:59 PM

145 posts, read 320,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamielynn81 View Post
Thanks for the tip that downtown is maybe not what I think it will be. Now we are looking at living close to campus. I'll start a new thread when we narrow it down some more. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!
Oh great! I think you will be much happier there. I lived in WL for 12 years and am a Purdue grad. I have family that lives in Lafayette.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana