U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 03:13 PM

17,605 posts, read 25,200,243 times

Advertisements

God that was the worst performance EVER EVER EVER!!! Even in the worst of the Faust years, ND was competitive and they managed to beat USC.

At this point, I wouldn't blame Clausen for bolting. I hope he doesn't.

So happy for a break next weekend.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:05 AM

3 posts, read 3,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
God that was the worst performance EVER EVER EVER!!! Even in the worst of the Faust years, ND was competitive and they managed to beat USC.

Did Navy out recruit Ty's players too?

If Weis loses to Air Force, do you think Charlie should go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 10:30 AM

Air Force is 6-3 and always up for beating ND. I was at the game where Ron Pawlus screwed up the AF game in OT ... AF won't need an OT this time.

And in case you hadn't noticed, UDub's president had to send a letter out to all Husky fans apologizing for the abysmal performance of Ty's team this year. Here it is:

Is Tyrone Willingham on the Budweiser Hot Seat? - ArmchairGM - Sports Wiki, Sports Blog, Sports Resource, Sports Community, Sports 2.0 (http://armchairgm.com/index.php?title=Is_Tyrone_Willingham_on_the_Budwei ser_Hot_Seat%3F - broken link)

At least Fr. Jenkins hasn't had to resort to letter writing yet.

I about fell out of my comfy chair when Charlie didn't go for the fieldgoal in the 4th quarter ... I guess he doesn't have a decent fieldgoal kicker this year. Why he put his faith in Ryan Burkhart, I'll never know. The kid he chose Burkhart over is kicking the heck out of everything now ... sigh.

My new theory (dooditeedoodeetoo!) is that Charlie is taking it as low as he can go so we will be happy with 5 wins next season.

And no, Notre Dame shouldn't fire Charlie. Washington will fire Ty before ND fires Charlie.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:33 AM

328 posts, read 616,475 times
Quote:

The jury is still very much out on whether Clausen will actually be any good.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:36 AM

328 posts, read 616,475 times
Quote:
Air Force is 6-3 and always up for beating ND. I was at the game where Ron Pawlus screwed up the AF game in OT ... AF won't need an OT this time.

And in case you hadn't noticed, UDub's president had to send a letter out to all Husky fans apologizing for the abysmal performance of Ty's team this year. Here it is:

Is Tyrone Willingham on the Budweiser Hot Seat? - ArmchairGM - Sports Wiki, Sports Blog, Sports Resource, Sports Community, Sports 2.0 (http://armchairgm.com/index.php?title=Is_Tyrone_Willingham_on_the_Budwei ser_Hot_Seat%3F - broken link)

At least Fr. Jenkins hasn't had to resort to letter writing yet.

I about fell out of my comfy chair when Charlie didn't go for the fieldgoal in the 4th quarter ... I guess he doesn't have a decent fieldgoal kicker this year. Why he put his faith in Ryan Burkhart, I'll never know. The kid he chose Burkhart over is kicking the heck out of everything now ... sigh.

My new theory (dooditeedoodeetoo!) is that Charlie is taking it as low as he can go so we will be happy with 5 wins next season.

And no, Notre Dame shouldn't fire Charlie. Washington will fire Ty before ND fires Charlie.
ND can't get rid of Cheeseburger Charlie because they made the horrible mistake of extending his contract before he did anything.

Old 11-05-2007, 01:03 PM

ND has made some serious coach errors ... given. They could get rid of him, but they'd be stupid if they did.

Old 11-05-2007, 01:35 PM

If Weis gets credit for the wins the last 2 years, why isn't he getting credit for the loses this year. They were not just loses, but blow out. If it wasn't for UCLA playing a walk on at QB, ND could still be w/o a win. He doesn't care about the tradition there. Talking about a loss to Navy is just a loss. It is an embarrassment. Did anyone see the size differences?

Old 11-05-2007, 01:53 PM

455 posts, read 1,176,018 times
I compared the matchup like David vs. Goliath. ND is Goliath and he got hit good between the eyes too! I'm happy for Navy. When a team plays with heart and emotion, they deserve to win. Charlie will not go because ND has A TON OF MONEY wrapped up in him and also, is there anyone else out there that would be recruited by ND to take his job? Any names? I don't know of anyone. Plus this is just one losing season and he's got two proven winning seasons behind him. ND will keep him.
As far as Clausen. I HOPE TO GOD HE LEAVES ND! He's awful. I mean I could throw the ball out of bounds just as good as he can. Whenever a receiver is not open, the throws the ball out of bounds. He doesn't try to run with it. I've seen the out of bounds catch more of his passes than his own receivers all year long. Clausen, please leave, your ego and your hype is not wanted at ND. Haven't you gotten the point? When a bismal Evan Sharply can out play you, it's time for you to go. I'm all for this forum being renamed Time for Clausen to go.
From what I hear, Charlie is real cocky on and off the field. I would have a realistic guy as a coach. His play calling is horrible. 4th and 15 and let's fake a field goal against Navy? And you don't get it? Let's just run the ball in on a two point conversion and not try some shady trick play? Come on!

Old 11-05-2007, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattE View Post
I compared the matchup like David vs. Goliath. ND is Goliath and he got hit good between the eyes too! I'm happy for Navy. When a team plays with heart and emotion, they deserve to win. Charlie will not go because ND has A TON OF MONEY wrapped up in him and also, is there anyone else out there that would be recruited by ND to take his job? Any names? I don't know of anyone. Plus this is just one losing season and he's got two proven winning seasons behind him. ND will keep him.
As far as Clausen. I HOPE TO GOD HE LEAVES ND! He's awful. I mean I could throw the ball out of bounds just as good as he can. Whenever a receiver is not open, the throws the ball out of bounds. He doesn't try to run with it. I've seen the out of bounds catch more of his passes than his own receivers all year long. Clausen, please leave, your ego and your hype is not wanted at ND. Haven't you gotten the point? When a bismal Evan Sharply can out play you, it's time for you to go. I'm all for this forum being renamed Time for Clausen to go.
From what I hear, Charlie is real cocky on and off the field. I would have a realistic guy as a coach. His play calling is horrible. 4th and 15 and let's fake a field goal against Navy? And you don't get it? Let's just run the ball in on a two point conversion and not try some shady trick play? Come on!
Possible coaches

- Jim Leavitt from South Florida
- Ron Zook does very well. He just didn't live up to Florida's standards.
- Bill Cowher
- Chris Peterson from Boise State

Old 11-05-2007, 02:20 PM

455 posts, read 1,176,018 times
Those names are good but you know how ND is, they want a big name guy who will make an impact and get everyone excited about ND again. I think Bill Cowher is the only name worth going after but still ND has a ton of money they would have to pay out to Charlie and do you think they would do that? I think Charlie's got two more years to prove himself and if he is successful at taking them to a bowl game each of those years, I don't see him being fired. They would fire him though if he loses the next two seasons. Then they would buy him out of his contract. I'm not quite sold on Charlie after last year and especially this year. His first year I was led to believe, like many others, that this guy is going to be the next Lou Holtz, but that's not panning out. What happened to the big, mean, nasty football team he promised? They just got beat by guys my size! While that's promising for someone like me, it leaves a bad taste for ND.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana