Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who are you going to vote for?
Richard Mourdock (R) 9 37.50%
Joe Donnelly (D) 13 54.17%
Andrew Horning (L) 0 0%
Not Voting/Scratching/Undecided 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 09:45 AM

1,766 posts, read 3,605,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Indiana republicans made a mistake by kicking out Senator Lugar. He is a good man.
Agreed. It's sad that most people don't vote in the primary because Lugar probably would have won. If Mourdock and Pence both win in November, I'll be one upset Hoosier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 09:53 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,267,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
I'm not a straight-ticket guy -- I voted for Daniels twice, for example. But there's no way I can vote for Mourdock.
I'm like you. I vote based on who I think is the best candidate, not what party they are affiliated with. I voted for Obama in 2008 and for Daniels the last 2 times. But I'm not voting for Pence, however, I don't like Gregg either. I still don't know enough about Mourdock and Donnelly, though. They have a debate coming up tonight, right?

Old 10-15-2012, 10:32 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15395 View Post
Agreed. It's sad that most people don't vote in the primary because Lugar probably would have won. If Mourdock and Pence both win in November, I'll be one upset Hoosier.
I agree with you. The problem is that no one really knows much about the challenger to Pence... Pence is simply dominating this campaign and his challenger is pretty much in the shadows.. I don't even know his name!! The thought of Pence winning this election scares the BLANK out of me... Wish Daniels could run for a 3rd term, I voted for him twice, I'd vote for him again.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:57 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Rupert Boneham is running for governor too ... that's who I will probably vote for. But Pence will win in a landslide.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
But Pence will win in a landslide.
Yep, unfortunately I think Pence will win in a landslide... I'm not thrilled to say the least and know nothing about the other guy. I don't vote a straight ticket ever....

Old 10-15-2012, 03:35 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,077,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Indiana republicans made a mistake by kicking out Senator Lugar. He is a good man.
Yes, he was a great liberal light. Some of us don't believe that the country can support a $1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.00 debt load. Lugar represented the status quo of today. This is where the top 1% get to live like kings, the next 9-20% get a great life, and everyone else gets to live paycheck to paycheck and hope things work out. Not only that, but some of that upper 20% group makes most, or at least a portion, of their income one the backs of the rest of the 80% who pay taxes (government handouts, contracts, etc.). Lugar did do good things, but he wasn't conservative by any means. He rode on his name for years, and I know plenty of conservatives (mostly fiscal and gun owning conservative, not the really religious types) who were done with him years ago. That name recognition helped him until his voted to bankrupt the country he couldn't be bothered to even keep a $50,000 double-wide on the family farm as his residence though he is a millionaire. No, instead, he used some other address he hadn't even lived at for decades. I think had he just changed his address to the farm, even without a home, he may have survived. His response to that issue was just appalling and reeked of elitism.

I won't be voting for Donnelley. I voted out one big government type, why would I vote in another one? Mourdock I don't know if I can trust. Seems just another pay-to-play political type, who likely would do exactly what Donnelley and Lugar would do: Whatever it takes to make sure their upper class lifestyle continues unabated.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:15 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy_317 View Post
Yes, he was a great liberal light. Some of us don't believe that the country can support a $1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.00 debt load. Lugar represented the status quo of today. This is where the top 1% get to live like kings, the next 9-20% get a great life, and everyone else gets to live paycheck to paycheck and hope things work out. Not only that, but some of that upper 20% group makes most, or at least a portion, of their income one the backs of the rest of the 80% who pay taxes (government handouts, contracts, etc.). Lugar did do good things, but he wasn't conservative by any means. He rode on his name for years, and I know plenty of conservatives (mostly fiscal and gun owning conservative, not the really religious types) who were done with him years ago. That name recognition helped him until his voted to bankrupt the country he couldn't be bothered to even keep a $50,000 double-wide on the family farm as his residence though he is a millionaire. No, instead, he used some other address he hadn't even lived at for decades. I think had he just changed his address to the farm, even without a home, he may have survived. His response to that issue was just appalling and reeked of elitism.

I won't be voting for Donnelley. I voted out one big government type, why would I vote in another one? Mourdock I don't know if I can trust. Seems just another pay-to-play political type, who likely would do exactly what Donnelley and Lugar would do: Whatever it takes to make sure their upper class lifestyle continues unabated.
Mourdock will be the same.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:31 PM

Anyone watch the debate tonight? Thoughts?

Old 10-15-2012, 06:44 PM

8,980 posts, read 17,288,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Anyone watch the debate tonight? Thoughts?
My thoughts................God help us..........

Old 10-15-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
My thoughts................God help us..........
LOL... Yeah, I hear you! God help us indeed....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana