Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2007, 08:21 AM

111 posts, read 392,376 times

Advertisements

Domer, I am so glad you closed that thread on Dr. Wacko! What the #!@ was that all about. I see from other threads he's like our own little scare tactic newsman! Boy, we could all never leave our houses, curled up in a ball and worry about millions of things that could happen to us. That shoud definately be everyone's strategy.

SARCASM INTENDED. Give me a break!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 10:10 AM

39 posts, read 273,721 times
True, but preparedness is something that should be on everyone's mind. This sort of thing is useful in any crisis situation. As the saying goes, "luck favors the prepared."

There is a serious economic decline issue in American right now and into the foreseeable future. It is my opinion that the consumer price information we are being fed by the news media is "well engineered" data. The question is why?

There is a literally huge movement in this country that is questioning the events of 9/11 and more importantly, the erosion of all sorts of individual freedoms since. There are medical doctors, lawyers, airline pilots, engineers and all kinds of highly educated and experienced people expressing concern. I find it hard to believe that well educated professionals speaking on their topic of expertise can easily be dismissed as nut jobs. What societal issues cause this sort of thing?

I too have noticed a lot of responder training for response to a nuclear incident. Perhaps this has more to do with Camp Atterbury and their role in training homeland security personnel. As someone who worked in the preparedness business, I can attest that it is full of knee-jerk reactions. Someone comes up with a study indicating that nukular (read: sarcastically misspelled) terrorism from a "rogue" oil producing country and all of the sudden we spend all kinds of money on the threat. Honestly, it has not worried me that much.

Why allow something like this to scare you? After all, if you believe that not all is true that meets the eye, perhaps you might understand that being scared is a very effective means of social control.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:18 AM

By the way, the news media is reporting an Al Queda bombing threat at malls, primarily in Chi Town and LA.

My belief is that the Christmas sales season will be extremely poor. So, which is better? Blame poor sales on the threat of terrorism or admit that the economy is in dire straights due to poor foreign policy, tax policy and the mortgage crisis?

Old 11-09-2007, 12:15 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
I closed the thread, so everyone can still read it, just not post to it. I closed it because of Steve W's post about raising anxiety levels ... didn't stop him from sending me a nasty DM though ... sigh. Sorry, I shouldn't call him out, but I just made a call and I'm sorry if it upsets some. I could have deleted the thing completely, but thought the initial thought was worth keeping ... guess I was wrong??

So I'll just sit in my corner making my tin foil hats.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:05 PM

111 posts, read 392,376 times
I agree being prepared for certain situations, but you can't live your life in fear, that is all I am saying. I think people need to be aware, not scared. I do agree with you as well about the state of our country is cause for concern Kirkifer.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:15 PM

No, I do not own any tinfoil hats.

I am not upset. The original thread was a little off kilter, but I am glad you left it up. We are free people and can choose what we want to read and skip what we want.

Preparedness is a serious topic and if there is anyone who would like to discuss it, perhaps we can continue on this thread?

Old 11-15-2007, 12:03 PM

14 posts, read 12,297 times
Nuclear Nutjob...

Dr. Wacko...

NO APPOLOGIES. This is typical behavior. Folks don't want to think of the inevitable till it's right in their back yard. The original thread was intended to generate some ideas about the subject including solutions and methods we can use to prepare and survive.

Indy has Rolls-Royce, formerly Allison Gas Turbines. They make ALL the engines for our military aircraft. THEY are a serious target.

Raising levels of paranoia? Has anyone considered raising our levels of preparedness?

Steve W. wants to silence talk of nuclear terrorism potential in our back yard. Such makes me wonder if he wants to really see it happen, or perhaps bolsters those who intend to make it so.

Is it wacko to want to see people become educated to the way to stop nuclear war or is it wacko to hide under the covers and shush those who would educate people about survival? Ignorance and cowardess is a greater enemy than those who have the bombs.

C'mon, Dormergurl; reopen the original thread and let's discuss what we can do. If the building department in Anderson wants to listen to my ideas and some of the doctors at the local hospitals as well, then shouldn't it be evident that others may as well?

Silencing me here and defaming me won't help build a huge dome over Madison Cty., or Delaware or Randolph or Henry. Indy might as well consider itself to be toast without some serious preparation. We can survive, here in Anderson. It will take a lot of courage and people coming together, still it can be done... if we prepare.

Nut job? This "nut job" theorized there was a second solid layer beneath the surface of the sun. NASA proved me to be right. The ones who call me Dr. Wacko and "nut job;" Did they do that? That knowledge changes a lot of astrophysics the same as the eclipse of 1919 did to the acceptance of Einstein's numbers. Of course the uneducated defamers called Albert a nut job prior to that as well. Maybe these defamers are angry because we have proven that the world is not flat and the moon isn't made of green cheese... ya think?

Old 11-15-2007, 12:27 PM

Nah, I won't reopen the thread, but I do have a question. Nuclear threat ... from whom? Just asking.

Old 11-17-2007, 11:35 AM

14 posts, read 12,297 times
Dormergurl,

I don't feel comfortable expounding on the "who" issue at the moment, but I'll say this: two 747's did not take down our WTC towers. The corporation(s) behind 9-11 are also the ones who have the bombs. How's that? Because they have the power and clout to get them and had the opportunity.

Contact the feds? Get real. They are just as infiltrated as any other agency. This is something that only trend setting can disarm...

Old 11-17-2007, 12:46 PM

Oh no no no no no .... conspiracy theories for 9-11 .. nope, not here ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana