Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 10:56 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,720,063 times

Advertisements

Well, there are a couple of "naturist" camps in northern Indiana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2007, 08:56 PM

19 posts, read 58,134 times
Sounds like Bloomington Indiana would be exactly what you are looking for. Great place to live, Great pizza places, and a very open minded community.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:53 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,551,112 times
For outdoor activites southern IN is probably your best bet with forests everywhere.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:46 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,480,110 times
Bloomington is the place! great variety of food available. Probably the most accepting of alternative lifestyles of any indiana city. A short drive to any type of outdoor activity you could want. Good luck!!

Old 12-24-2007, 02:08 AM

1 posts, read 3,434 times
Bloomington, IN has great outdoors opportunities as well as good pizza options!

Old 12-24-2007, 09:27 AM

9 posts, read 27,244 times
Talking It's gotta be Bloomington

Unless you feel like you need more proximate access to a major metropolitan locale, I think Bloomington is perfect...Great food, great access to theatre, music, the humanities, sports and the outdoors...and if you need something more...Indy is an hour a way, louisville is 2 hours, chicago 5 hours....welcome to the great state of Indiana...

Old 12-24-2007, 09:35 AM

48,113 posts, read 21,994,714 times
Not where you will want to live, but.....when I was a kid we lived in Cincinnati, every summer we went up to Pokagon State Park in Northern Indiana. It was truly beautiful and the memories of fishing and canoeing, watching the mist rise off the lake and bitterns stalking their breakfast in the reeds have stayed with me for my lifetime. If you are in Indiana and exploring its resources.....give it a look and tell the spirits of the lake one old timer remembers it fondly still after 50 years.

Old 01-20-2008, 06:57 PM

4 posts, read 18,993 times
Rockville Indianqa, is beautiful and seems like a wonderful place to live. Near all our Covered Bridges and The Lovely Turkey Run State Park on Sugar Creek.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:49 AM

7 posts, read 23,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpearls View Post
Rockville Indianqa, is beautiful and seems like a wonderful place to live. Near all our Covered Bridges and The Lovely Turkey Run State Park on Sugar Creek.

I miss Turkey Run so much! Every time I come home to visit family I take a day out there.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:19 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,057,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjriling View Post
My partner has just been transferred to the Indiana/Ohio/KY territory by her company and we are trying to determine where we can find the best overall quality of life. We love the outdoors, (kayaking, hiking, skiing), but we enjoy small cities, too. We aren't really allied to one political view or another. More important to us is living among people who can agree to disagree.
Most important is friendly people (we've been living in a very non-friendly west coast city for too long). Diversity and community pride are pretty big, too.
But really, a good pizza joint would seal the deal.
Thanks! Any ideas would really help.
I would highly suggest that you look at Brown,Owen and Putnam counties these places are very friendly with lots of recreational activites and is never to far from a hospital or grocery store, every little town has its own pizza parlor just about and you will always find someone disagreeing with you about the best pizza
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana