Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2014, 03:17 PM

4 posts, read 4,780 times

Advertisements

Hello. I have been on this kick to move to Indiana for the longest. I guess it was for Harrison college in Indianapolis. I am no longer going to be going to that school but I still want to move to Indiana. However I don't know where in Indiana would be best for me. I am a mixed girl brown not pale my hair is always dyed and I have tattoos and Piercings. I love ska, grunge, and indie music. I like to hike and bike ride, go to concerts and nature walks are always on my to do list. I am just trying to give you guys a small description of myself so you can get a feel of where maybe you would think I belong in Indiana. I am from NY which I love and miss but very expensive. So now I am here in Houston, TX and it's okay just too hot and not enough weirdness, Besides I have my little heart set on Indiana haha. Soo please tell me where you think there are the most Alternative people some may say "weirdos" or "punk" or dare I say "hipster" just not yuppies not racist and not suit and tie. I hope this helps in your understanding on what I am looking for.

If any questions please ask away
Thank you verrryyy much in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2014, 04:09 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
Don't worry, Hoosiers were tattooed before it was fashionable.

Old 05-12-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Don't worry, Hoosiers were tattooed before it was fashionable.
Haha well that is always good to know ;p
Any suggestions on a good city?

Old 05-13-2014, 06:16 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TranquilizeHer View Post
Haha well that is always good to know ;p
Any suggestions on a good city?
Knowing Tom........I don't think he meant that as a compliment.

As far as your original question, I know quite a few people like that in Indianapolis. Some are my friends. Many of them live in or used to live in Fountain Square. They have started migrating to the near east side and "south Broad Ripple." I knew folks like that it in Evansville as well, but on a much smaller scale.

Old 05-13-2014, 12:13 PM

628 posts, read 2,045,076 times
Indy or Bloomington

Old 05-14-2014, 07:40 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,225,763 times
Bloomington seems to meet all the criteria.

Old 05-14-2014, 05:12 PM

271 posts, read 458,768 times
Bloomington

Old 05-15-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Knowing Tom........I don't think he meant that as a compliment.

As far as your original question, I know quite a few people like that in Indianapolis. Some are my friends. Many of them live in or used to live in Fountain Square. They have started migrating to the near east side and "south Broad Ripple." I knew folks like that it in Evansville as well, but on a much smaller scale.
I keep hearing about Broad Ripple I am hoping this is a good sign haha
Thank youu

Old 05-15-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
Bloomington seems to meet all the criteria.
Bloomington is now on my list of places to check out.
Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana