U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old 01-10-2008, 03:14 PM
1 posts, read 4,098 times
Reputation: 11


Me and my wife are trying to split up our land so we can build a new house on the property. We are doing this so we can get a better loan on the new house. My problem is we live in "East Oolitic" which has a "Bedford" address. Our township is "Shawswick". Our Loan "people" are trying to find out where to go to get this done. His first try was Bedford, but they said they didn't have control over our area and to go to Oolitic. He can't seem to find anybody in Oolitic to do this. Does anybody have any Ideas?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Location: Turn Left at Greenland
17,696 posts, read 38,273,705 times
Reputation: 8117
Would the Shawswick Twp Trustee be able to help out?

Shawswick Township Trustee

812-275-2511 Fax: 812-275-5404 1016 16th St, Bedford, IN 47421
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2008, 05:48 AM
Location: Bloomington IN
8,487 posts, read 11,109,735 times
Reputation: 23728
I would also recommend contacting one of the title companies or an attorney in the Bedford area.

The typical first stop would be contacting Lawrence County officials to confirm there are no zoning regulations in place to prevent this. Step 2 would involve paying a surveyor to "mark" the boundaries so that a legal description can be written for the new "parcel." The surveyor should be able to write the new legal description. The new description will need to be recorded in Lawrence County and MAY need to be approved by the zoning department if it involves a variance from any zoning regulations. (If I recall correctly, Lawrence County has few zoning restrictions.) I've simplified this process a bit, but it's the general overview.

I'm a bit surprised your
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2008, 06:25 PM
91 posts, read 302,390 times
Reputation: 30
I sold a home that was in Bartholomew County but it had a Seymour Address. All they did is check with the Asessor's office or Teasurer to see where the taxes were being paid. The taxes were being paid to Bartholomew county. Like rrah said, contact a local surveyor. They should have some sort of plat map to help you.

Good Luck!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top