U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 06:04 AM

5,861 posts, read 7,082,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer22 View Post
Bloomington is a solidly (maybe completely) liberal city, inside the city limits. I would be more hesitant to live outside of town. Inside the muncipal boundaries, absolutely you would be fine.

Bloomington is isolated though... if I had a goal of settling down permanently in Indiana, I would actually consider South Bend or Lake/Porter Counties which are both more connected to Chicago both by train and by expressways.
Seriously? I live here and live outside the municipal boundaries. Although the people in the county, and even surrounding counties, tend to be more conservative when voting, they are far more accepting of LGBT than many parts of the state. I know at least a half dozen married LGBT couples that live outside the city boundaries without problems. Many choose to live in Brown or Owen County because they want a quieter lifestyle just like my family did. Is there a possibility that one would have a problematic neighbor? Absolutely, but that holds true for most places in the country. Some people actually prefer a quieter, more isolated environment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana