U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2016, 09:29 PM

30 posts, read 106,226 times

Advertisements

Help!!!!! I'm moving to Terre Haute, IN for a job in Union hospital. Is there any place in the city that I can live in that is NOT near a train track? Seriously, what do they ship there that causes them to need 50 million train tracks? Does anyone know the schedule or where I could possibly look to find the train schedule? If I could plot my commute based on the train schedule, it could be a big help. Or, is there a nearby town that I could live in with a reasonable commute (and not crash and burn trying to get to work in th wee hours in the snow)? Are the roads well maintained in the event of snow? I'm from Georgia and when it snowed 2 inches here in 2014 kids were stranded on the freeway on school buses. People were sleeping in the grocery and drug stores. I'll be on call for work and I don't know what to expect if I have to venture out in the wee hours of the night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 09:23 PM

5 posts, read 4,594 times
I just moved out of Terre haute and good luck.. trains will make you late i waited 25 minutes when they disconnect trains. Places itself is full of drunks and nothing to do . Best bet is to live next to work. They have alot of freight for mfg around the area. But i personally went there for a job and left in dec 2015 after a year and a half of being there and didn't really meet anyone? It a really boring place i usually went north or to indy for the weekend. Srs look into laffeyette,in and save the money from moving to th.

Old 01-17-2016, 02:01 AM

I have a contract and plan to be there a few years, so I guess I shall be close to work just to be on the safe side. I hope the trains don't come at night. I'm single, so the lack of social activities is not good news!

Old 01-17-2016, 09:52 PM

That's good to here hopefully you know someone if not. It's not the end of the world. Personally i hated how i couldn't see my friends or family. Yeah that was what really stunk the most is that there was nothing to do for someone who doesn't drink or smoke. Maybe since your a lady it maybe a whole different experience than a guy? Well oh well i'm on to bigger and better things at the moment! Feel free to ask me anything i know pretty much any area in town because of my old job. But let me know how the move goes. Would love to here your experience!

Old 01-26-2016, 11:18 AM

My heart sinks with every email form you! Lol. My family / friends are all in the south and I I don't smoke nor do I drink! Oh well, sucks to be me!

Thanks so much for your input. I'm heading up on the first. I"ll be sure to keep you posted on my experiences in the bright lights, big city of Terre Haute. Lol!

Old 01-26-2016, 09:38 PM

91 posts, read 312,243 times
Check out the area north of Collet Park. You have pretty easy access to northside businesses, no tracks to cross to get to work, and the 3rd street overpass to get you to the south side.

Old 01-31-2016, 08:46 PM

(:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana