Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 11:59 AM

17,763 posts, read 39,573,247 times

Advertisements

I have them make me:

warm caramel in the bottom of the dish
2 scoops of butter pecan
more warm caramel on top
whip cream
2 cherries
what's left of the warm caramel sauce in a dish on the side

YUM-O!!!!

Last time I was there, I had a green river float which was also awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 04:40 PM

438 posts, read 1,354,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I have them make me:

2 scoops of butter pecan
more warm caramel on top
whip cream
2 cherries

YUM-O!!!!

Last time I was there, I had a green river float which was also awesome.
OMG! We're coming down for the weekend at the end of July. I'll have to have that made up for the hubby. He'll love it.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat321 View Post
OMG! We're coming down for the weekend at the end of July. I'll have to have that made up for the hubby. He'll love it.
I hope he enjoys it!

Old 06-24-2010, 05:43 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,072,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milissawasserman View Post
Are there any activities going on over the Fourth of July weekend?
Ceraland (Ceraland.org - Home) is open to the pulic on the 4th of July. $5 per non-member. Got a flier in the mail this afternoon and thought you might be interested. They are advertising Live Entertainment, Kids Games, Food Vendors and Outdoor Fun. A good chance for you the check out their pool?

Still no parade. Sorry.

Old 06-24-2010, 05:44 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,072,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I have them make me:

2 scoops of butter pecan
more warm caramel on top
whip cream
2 cherries
Showoff!

Old 06-28-2010, 11:08 AM

16 posts, read 58,690 times
It didn't sound like much was happening in the area so we scheduled our daughter's 3rd birthday on the 4th. If there is ever any other "open to the public" swim days let us know....Sounds like fun

Is there any scrapbooking going on in the area????? It's a pretty big thing up here.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:28 AM

5 posts, read 45,522 times
I grew up in Columbus (I'm now 21) and though the city is pretty dead as far as activities for twenty somethings, it's a wonderful place to raise a family and I'm super glad I grew up here.

Crime is basically a non-issue unless you are frequenting some of the poorer areas near downtown at night and even then it's no Chicago or Detroit. I've never, ever felt unsafe.

I went to Columbus North High School, and maybe I'm biased, but their English department is outstanding...really learned a lot from those teachers. Can't really speak for the public elementary/middle schools because I went to St. Peter's. I was also really involved in theatre at CNHS (which happens to have a great swim club too ^_^) and took dance at Christie's for a couple years and enjoyed myself there.

Greenwood/Indy area is only an hour's drive, and Louisville and Cincy are a little over an hour as well, so if you're looking for a bit of city excitement it's not too far away.

EDIT: Forgot to add that, yes, Tipton is far away from everything, but so many families live there it's crazy. All my friends who lived there were on the other side of town from me, which made for a 20 minute drive one-way if we wanted to play.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:30 PM

16 posts, read 58,690 times
Thanks for your input....every bit helps! It's good to know about the schools, dance and theatre experience you had. Also, you answered my question about crime and safety

Old 06-28-2010, 01:20 PM

88 posts, read 271,774 times
I would definitely choose Greenwood. The commercial district offers much, much more. The commute time is reasonable and straight down the highway only about 20 minutes. Columbus is prone to flooding when the rains get really bad. I'm sure there are flood-safe areas but do you homework before buying real estate there. A couiple years ago the whole town was under water when we got hammered with storms

Old 06-28-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjstroh View Post
I would definitely choose Greenwood. The commercial district offers much, much more. The commute time is reasonable and straight down the highway only about 20 minutes. Columbus is prone to flooding when the rains get really bad. I'm sure there are flood-safe areas but do you homework before buying real estate there. A couiple years ago the whole town was under water when we got hammered with storms
oh brother ... the whole town??? really???? hmmm ... I recall the areas around Haw Creek got hammered, but that was due to the dam in Hope blowing open. As fast as the downtown water started creeping in, it receded. Was it bad? Yea, it was bad, but you coming on here declaring the the "whole town" was flooded ... heck, I live near the flatrock river and I had no idea what was going on. Had to turn on the news to see what was going on.

And gee, how convenient you forget, Franklin and parts of Greenwood were also devastated by that dang flood.

dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana