Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 11:13 AM

1,705 posts, read 3,053,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayola110 View Post
I'm looking to buy some duplexes, houses and fix them up, paint them etc.

I will be living in some of them while I do it.

But I was wondering what the neighborhoods within Anderson are the best?

Can someone recommend areas that are good? Areas to avoid? And places that have the most potential for growth and are in the better rental areas.

Also what are average rents for a single family or duplex in the area?
I don't know much about rents but I'll say this from driving around the city for a bit now. Anything east and SE just looks better than anything west or near the downtown core. The neighborhoods by the mall, between downtown and the mall, don't appear so great.

Scatterfield Road (a/k/a Indiana State Road 9) from south of I-69 to the north appears mostly OK, but can be hit or miss. In the NW corner of the city (or near the city) near Community Hospital, as well as the town of Edgewood just west of the city, are pretty decent. I'm sure the area around the university is OK, but I've only driven through that area a few times. Some of the homes near Mounds State Park look fairly decent.

Areas for growth are those close to an interstate ramp, I'd say within a few miles. If there is growth along the interstate, especially if an automaker like Nissan, Toyota, etc. announced plans for a huge plant, people would likely want to be close to the interstate. As far as rents, I have no idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana