Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 12:59 AM

1 posts, read 8,400 times

Advertisements

Hi Can somebody please help me. I'm moving my family in Evansville but never visited the place. I'm looking for a nice and safe apartment/ townhome finding it hard to decide from the listings in the internet regarding aprtments so many to see . Anybody who can tell me good apartments that accepts a small breed dog. I'm still here in TN and they want me to start by end of April. I heard so much good reviews about living in Indiana so when they told me about an opening in Healthcare i just grab the job. Please any suggestions? What do you think about Northpark apts. ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 10:00 AM

8,978 posts, read 17,284,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimpt View Post
Hi Can somebody please help me. I'm moving my family in Evansville but never visited the place. I'm looking for a nice and safe apartment/ townhome finding it hard to decide from the listings in the internet regarding aprtments so many to see . Anybody who can tell me good apartments that accepts a small breed dog. I'm still here in TN and they want me to start by end of April. I heard so much good reviews about living in Indiana so when they told me about an opening in Healthcare i just grab the job. Please any suggestions? What do you think about Northpark apts. ?
I never lived at north park aprtments, but I knew some folks that did. It seems like a nice complex; but I have no idea about pets. That is a nice area, there is a Target and a couple of grocery stores; not to mention the chain restaraunts that line First Avenue. It is a safe area. I worked at that Target for almost five years while attending college at USI, so I spent a fair amount of time in that area.

As far as apartment communities, there are some nice ones of the Lloyd Expressway on the west side. I forget their names. There is a nice one called sugar mill on Green River Road. There is also some new development off the Lloyd by I-164; but I am not sure what they are called. There are a lot of nice looking apartment communities on the east side of the city.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 8,366 times
i recommend the east for it's abundant of apartments.plus most of the
good restaraunts and stores are on that side.for apts check into the
following:charter oaks/the regency club,just their anemities alone are
worth it.williamsburg on the the lake for their location.there are others
but these good to start with.as for the town itself,on a scale of 1 to 10
i would give it a 6.it has faults,but what area doesn't.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:29 AM

377 posts, read 470,070 times
Default Madisonville, KY is really close to Evansville, IN

Kimpt,

Consider living in Madisonville and driving to work... it's about 45 minutes away. Madisonville is just over the border in KY and is a nice family town with less traffic and crime. Schools are pretty good, too. There's also a great regional hospital right there (Trover Regional)! My husband is in hospital admin so I can say that with confidence.

Cost of living is a pleasant surprise and housing is a bargain. When we moved here, we bought a home for 2/3 the cost anywhere else. Unfortunately, we're in the process of moving to Knoxville now so I'm leaving my beautiful home and pool (boo hoo).

Kathi

Old 04-30-2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathiOH1 View Post
Kimpt,

Consider living in Madisonville and driving to work... it's about 45 minutes away. Madisonville is just over the border in KY and is a nice family town with less traffic and crime. Schools are pretty good, too. There's also a great regional hospital right there (Trover Regional)! My husband is in hospital admin so I can say that with confidence.

Cost of living is a pleasant surprise and housing is a bargain. When we moved here, we bought a home for 2/3 the cost anywhere else. Unfortunately, we're in the process of moving to Knoxville now so I'm leaving my beautiful home and pool (boo hoo).

Kathi
Not to needlessly start a slap fight; but Madisonville, KY is not what most people in Evansville would consider in "really close" to Evansville. Perhaps from a Madisonville perspective it is, but having spent a fair amount of time living in Evansville, very few people if any consider Madisonville to be "really close." It would seem silly to me to accept a job in Evansville and move to Madisonville. The cost of gas, and the lack of ammenities in Madisonville, would not make that a good move IMO. You also cite crime and traffic. The crime and traffic is not bad enough to justify commuting to Evansville from Madisonville for most people. The worst traffic would be going over the bridges between E-ville and Henderson during construction or if there is an accident.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:31 PM

32 posts, read 187,878 times
I would suggest either the far east side or Newburgh for a newcomer. That is the growth areas with plenty of amneties and nice complexes. I am aware of several new ones in Newburgh that are very nice. One is on Bell Road at Lincoln, walking distance to restaurants, groceries, library,etc...

Old 05-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Ame

13 posts, read 56,730 times
The Evansville Police Department has a crime map (" + theTitle + ") that I found very helpful when I moved here.

Old 07-06-2008, 06:53 PM

42 posts, read 109,655 times
Default How bout Henderson, KY

Maybe you should look into Henderson, KY which is right across the river from evansville(10-15 minute drive at the most if you live downtown). A plus would be the southern small town hospitality you wouldn't get in e-ville. Also, EVERYTHING is cheaper in henderson, including gas which is usually 5- 10 cents cheaper.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyBlue View Post
Maybe you should look into Henderson, KY which is right across the river from evansville(10-15 minute drive at the most if you live downtown). A plus would be the southern small town hospitality you wouldn't get in e-ville. Also, EVERYTHING is cheaper in henderson, including gas which is usually 5- 10 cents cheaper.
You don't need to move to Henderson to find small town hospitality. What good does 5 cents per gallon on gas do if you have to drive an extra 10-20 minutes to and from Henderson every day?

Old 07-10-2008, 12:59 PM

1,095 posts, read 3,997,721 times
Would there be any tax benefit to living in KY? Sales, income, property taxes? Vehicle registration fees?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana