U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2014, 02:23 PM

14 posts, read 36,173 times

Advertisements

Love the Evansville pics and glad to see and read positive things about our future home state.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 01:37 PM

797 posts, read 2,114,774 times
I'm still sick of winter, but the recent ice storm was at least pretty, albeit slightly damaging, on the trees:

Illuminated Ice on Trees | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

And one from the last polar vortex:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3283884...n/photostream/

Old 02-15-2014, 09:17 PM

2,549 posts, read 3,474,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Above are some pictures I took around my parents' house, including tons of flowers and the family dog.

Pictures of Beutter Park, the St. Joseph River, and downtown Mishawaka.

A nice neighborhood in South Bend at sunset.

Just some pictures I took on my recent vacation home to visit family and friends.
Nice shots! I haven't looked at this thread for a while so I must have missed it. I like the views of the bridge and walkway along the river.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:18 PM

2,549 posts, read 3,474,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingIndiana View Post
I'm still sick of winter, but the recent ice storm was at least pretty, albeit slightly damaging, on the trees:

Illuminated Ice on Trees | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

And one from the last polar vortex:

Frozen waterfall 2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Nice water fall shot!

Old 02-15-2014, 09:32 PM

797 posts, read 2,114,774 times
Thank you. It's a great secluded little area and not what most people think of when they think of Indiana

Old 02-16-2014, 01:08 PM

211 posts, read 297,540 times
That is a nice picture, MissingIndiana. For the first time in my life I am thinking to myself that I might like to make it up to Indiana sometime =)

It reminds me very much of Charleston Falls in the Dayton area in Ohio. I know you Hoosier's probably don't want to read about Ohio on your threads but I'd like to provide a picture for comparison:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ZsAOdhC470...0/IMG_0936.JPG

Last edited by curzon_dax; 02-16-2014 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: Added link for comparison

Old 02-28-2014, 01:04 PM

52 posts, read 149,916 times
Default Howard County nature

The following pictures attached to this is of one of the county parks, Park 500 is what some people call it because its on the road 500 E, just a county block north of SR 19, SR 22, and US 35. The pictures were taken just a day or two after the major tornado on 11-17-13, so there is still a lot of down trees in them, but being out in nature like this is beautiful, the water is a reservoir made from the Wildcat Creek. About 5 miles east of Kokomo, and about 3 miles west of Greentown (~15 miles west from Marion/Gas City). It has boating, fishing, hiking, and some people do swim in it.
Attached Thumbnails
Share your Indiana photos here!-100_0601.jpg   Share your Indiana photos here!-100_0602.jpg   Share your Indiana photos here!-100_0603.jpg   Share your Indiana photos here!-100_0604.jpg   Share your Indiana photos here!-100_0605.jpg  

Share your Indiana photos here!-100_0606.jpg   Share your Indiana photos here!-100_0611.jpg   Share your Indiana photos here!-100_0613.jpg   Share your Indiana photos here!-100_0617.jpg   Share your Indiana photos here!-100_0618.jpg  

Share your Indiana photos here!-100_0619.jpg  

Old 02-28-2014, 01:47 PM

52 posts, read 149,916 times
I dont know if it says the name of the file by my pictures or not, but the first one thats mostly numbers in the file name is the court house at Christmas time, and the special decorations they have downtown then.

The second picture, titled "Greentown" or something like that is well... Greentown.. Its downtown Greentown if you want to call it that, and pointing towards the Subway, and the only stop light there which is really backed up every day when school lets out or during the Howard County Fair which is in Greentown... Greentown is a small town of 2,444 people what do you expect Lol

The third one is supposed to be a tourist attraction in Kokomo I think, but despite the mixed feelings of it I love it! It's the Koko-Mantis, a preying mantis statue that now stands on Sycamore & Washington by the new downtown Subway to "look over the town"

The fourth one is a picture from around 2011 i think, but it's just downtown in General, I think maybe the Armstrong-Landon building may be partially in it, but not the entire height of it.

The fourth one is of LaFountain/Washington Street where it meets with Alto Road. It is right before LaFountain joins the old US 31/new SR 931. That section is normally very busy, I had my hand out the window to take it... i don't recommend that, i almost dropped my camera Lol.

The fifth and final one is a photo not taken for me personally, but is licensed for free use so i do have the rights to post it here. It is downtown in 2009 before they took out the stoplights and the one way streets, and also of the Armstrong-Landon building, I think you can see all the height of it in this one, but maybe not, in 2009 that was the tallest building in downtown at 8 floors i think.
(Though the tallest in Kokomo is outside of downtown, 211 feet tall i think, its some church on Washington Street I believe, although it used to be the gas tower that was 400-600 feet tall on Home/Hoffer/Boulevard.)

I recently went to Indianapolis, but unfortunately didn't take pictures, i got lost walking in a really ghetto neighborhood is why Lol
Attached Thumbnails
Share your Indiana photos here!-100_0628.jpg   Share your Indiana photos here!-greentown.png   Share your Indiana photos here!-kokomantis.jpg   Share your Indiana photos here!-newkokomo2.jpg   Share your Indiana photos here!-markland.jpg  

Share your Indiana photos here!-temp43.jpg  

Old 03-02-2014, 02:40 AM

272 posts, read 398,315 times
Some pictures around downtown Evansville

Old 03-02-2014, 10:04 AM

18,286 posts, read 21,439,720 times
sweepout we drove over to Kokomo after that last tornado hit we saw a round patio table's 4 legs embedded in the side of a fast food restaurant. The bank down on Markland it was so odd seeing things that have been there now gone. I have to admit I don't get the preying mantis thing my kids thought it was creepy when they were younger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana